Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPS Hosting Now Available

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

Interesting!
    Tell me, can you run more than one website/domain with individual accounts?
    Would one, for example, be able to install a cpanel setup and resell hosting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

wiredup wrote: »
    Interesting!
    Tell me, can you run more than one website/domain with individual accounts?
    Would be interested in knowing this too. Also, what sort of server applications are available to it such as databases, email, coldfusion etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry for not replying sooner!

At the moment you have, broadly speaking, two options:

1 - VPS with Centos 5.* or Windows 2003

This gives you a base install of Centos or Windows and is fine if you are happy configuring stuff manually or want to run a specific bit of software

2 - VPS with Plesk

Depending on how much disk, cpu and RAM you get coupled with the license (varies from 1 domain up to unllimited) you can host multiple sites and resell space if you want to.

If Plesk isn't you cup of tea, we're also able to get licenses for Directadmin under Linux, though we haven't automated the installation of that just yet

In terms of applications Plesk comes with email, mysql and postgres already installed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Well I'd be mainly interested in .Net development so it'd be the windows version for me which if I understand you rules out Plesk right? So that means the Windows version comes with essentially no software for email and I'm assuming no Coldfusion or MS SQL databases then unless I bought separate licences?

• Advertisement

Plesk is available for Windows, so you can get more than a "bare" install if you want.

MS SQL Express doesn't incur any license fees and when we launch the new super-duper shared hosting plans you would be able to take advantage of the shared MS SQL servers.

Cold Fusion is not an option, unless you get your own license, as Adobe don't seem to "get" the idea of ISP licensing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Johnk: Plesk on Windows gives you 30/100/Unlimited licence options.

Plesk installs MSDE (can be swapped for eXpress, ill test this today and revert for sure), Mail enable standard for email hosting, Microsoft FTP server, ASP, ASP.net 1.1 (if you install 2.0 via RDP plesk picks up on this), php 4 and 5, Perl 5.8.8, Spamassasin, phpMyAdmin, ASP.NET Enterprise Manager 0.1.3, AWStats 6.6 (build 1.887), Webalizer V2.01-10-RB02, Horde IMP H3 etc etc

It's a full hosting platform from which to host clients sites and manage their domains etc.

PM me for login details if anyone wants a look at the control panel and or RDP etc

Paul

We've added Debian to the linux VPS plans...

More to follow

Advertisement