Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Fees?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,
    Please see the estate agents proposal - if we decide to go with them.
    Do you think we could negotiate anything there? I am concerned about how long our property may be on the market.

1- 1% of the agreed selling price plus VAT @ 21 %
    2-if we are successful in selling your apartment there is absolutely no other costs to you
    3-the only way you would pay any extra costs would be if you take your property off the market or switch agents then and only then would you have to pay an advertising fee of €650 plus VAT.
    4-Considering the present market we would advise you give yourself 6 – 9 months to sell your property

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

I doubt it. 1% is the low end of what EA's are charging at the moment. 1.5% is increasingly common. You generally have to pay advertising on top of this as well (whether you sell of not). At the end of the day the market (and the price) will dictate how long your house is on the market. All in all, it looks like a very good deal.

Having said that, get a few EA's around. Make sure you get the best EA (most personable, determined and realistic with you), rather than just going with the EA who charges the least or who values your house the highest. Make sure they're not going to pawn your place off to a junior in the office also.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Noteb

Yes thanks- we have shopped around and this EA seems like a good option.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

the 650+VAT for advertising sounds over the top tbh. I am paying .9%+VAT for my estate agent, with 250 Eur up front for advertising which covers MyHome, Daft and the EA's website.

What is the 650 for?

Advertisement