Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Stamullen

Options
  • 08-04-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

I've just called BT to arrange for Broadband to be added to our phone service but they have told me that my line will only allow 1MB broadband! The Stamullen exchange was turned on a few months ago but they say I must be too far from the exchange to get a good signal.

Anyone else had this trouble?

I'm trying to get away from Net1 because they are the worst service provider I have had the displeasure of dealing with. Crap service and non-existent customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Hi "Tá mé anseo"
    Our support department has no outstanding service issues in the Stamullen area - Have you tried contacting our support department about your issue ?
    Most customers in that area (apart from about 4 remaining on our legacy 2.4GHz base) are receiving speeds in excess of 3Mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 15 looky

Hi.
    I am currently on 3mb bt broadband in stamullen.
    As far as i know there were two exchanges upgraded in the stamullen area.
    One in the kilbreck estate and the other in el vana.
    Both are suppose to be capable of 3mb depending on distance from them.

Regards.
    looky.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Checked with Eircom this afternoon. They say I should be happily capable of managing at least 2Mb on my line.

So I rang BT back, got through to someone else this time. This guy said 2Mb will be no problem but said that I am showing as being a total of 10,000 meters from the exchange. Allowing for the loop that makes me 5,000 meters from it. Elvana or Kilbreck are no more than a few hundred meters away from me (I'm in Gracemeadow. Very strange.....

Advertisement