Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band Release Date - 23rd May

Options
  • 08-04-2008 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

From Eurogamer:
    Electronic Arts will be releasing the Xbox 360 version of Rock Band in Europe on 23rd May.

It will be a timed exclusive for Microsoft, with PS3, PS2 and Wii offerings to appear "later this summer".

Euro Rock Band will feature a selection of exclusive songs, as was rumoured in March. These include tracks from Oasis and Blur plus adopted German favourite Die Toten Hosen, which might mean "the trouser hose". But also might not.

We will get the full compliment of existing downloadable tracks on 27th May, too. This adds up to a meaty 70 songs, which you can get a load of over on the official site.

I'm delighted that we get all downloadable tracks available straight away too... Between Mario Kart, GTA4 and now this, its going to be a great couple of months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Pretty happy with it too, unless IGN's pricing details are to be believed...

Extracted premium article.

I'd take that with a grain of salt for now though.

{EDIT}

Hmm... not good.

€240 for the game + instruments? Go **** yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

F**king joke alright.
    Whats worse is that people will bend over and pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I will definately import when I do decide to buy it. Those prices are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Absalute disgrace tbh and i've been looking forward to its release so much. I'll be emailing EA to give out hell about it not that it will make a difference, but I really feel like ranting at them over this.

Has anyone who imported the game from the US confirm the total price for game bundle + P&P + customs charges. I bet its lower then €240 anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't import the 360 version :(

Oh well at least I'll have my discount to soften the below. And its out at the end of my exams! Massive Rock Band piss up at my house!

• Advertisement

Can't import the 360 version :(

Oh well at least I'll have my discount to soften the below. And its out at the end of my exams! Massive Rock Band piss up at my house!

How much is your discount?

I'll probably aim to get the drums somehow, either through import or retail, then just buy a copy of the game. It's still an outrageous price.

That'd be telling! but I'll still end up paying more than the American price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

My import costs were kinda high, but I have seen it on ebay going cheaper now. I saw a few there which were cheaper than the prices above, but customs might change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

First they delay the game for SIX MONTHS and now this?
    EA can go f*** themselves,I'm not paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

As i've said before, i'll buy it standalone. I can't sing for sh*t, i sound like dinner was late at the dog pound, and i have 2 controllers. The drum controllers can probs be bought on ebay so the stand alone version is the way to go for me.

As for the release date - i will believe this when i see it. :)
    Yeah i'm a cynic, so sue me!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

It's up for pre-order on play.com.

Do I remember something about them not shipping electronics to Ireland?

£99.99 for the instruments and £39.99 for the game.
    That comes to about €175.

Slated for release 23/05/08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Maddzy wrote: »
    Absalute disgrace tbh and i've been looking forward to its release so much. I'll be emailing EA to give out hell about it not that it will make a difference, but I really feel like ranting at them over this.

Has anyone who imported the game from the US confirm the total price for game bundle + P&P + customs charges. I bet its lower then €240 anyway...

I cant be exact, but mine came to about €130 from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

€200 from Play.

Although will they ship it to Ireland?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Apparently the game isnt coming to Ireland though!
    the official Rock Band website says it will be released in three EU territories: France, Germany and the UK. (France/Germany 21/22nd may and UK 23rd of May)
    and of course Ireland not being part of the UK, and how much of a byotch EA are, id say we're well and truly screwed unless people are planning on ordering online.

Then again, GAME took a pre-order from me yesterday and they had the right date.......... so let's wait and see

Ireland will get it. EA just bundle Ireland as part of England.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

when is the ps3 version due?why is there a delay with the ps3 version does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Just import the PS3 version, it'll work out the same or cheaper to import anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

I ordered Rockband Ps3 from Barnes and Noble (www.bn.com) and it cost me a total of E170 including customs.

It is awesome !!!!

That sucks, they will only ship the PS3 versions of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

so....ebay would be the best bet? really want to get the whole set but def dont want to pay 240

• Advertisement

I'd say "Watch this space" .... this is the week we'll find out about special offers.
    For Wii Fit (RRP €95), shops were undercutting each other to get the edge, and it went down to €70. Thats a 25% drop.

Yeah, gonna have to wait and see what they're gonna charge.

Personally I got drums from ebay for €60, should be arriving next week some time. I'll pick up the game on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

If I can get a set for €200 or less I'm happy.

Btw,would anyone be interested in buying the guitar off me? I already have my two xplorers so I don't want the strat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Smyths told me that they're gonna be selling it for €150. My upper limit was €170, so that works for me!

Surely thats 150 for instrument pack, and 60 for game?
    If its 150 for the lot, I'm there. :)

Mr. K wrote: »
    Smyths told me that they're gonna be selling it for €150. My upper limit was €170, so that works for me!

Yeah, it's kinda important if that's altogether or just the BiaB (Band in a Box)! Looks like that's just the instruments which would put the total at around 200-210.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

the whole package, game an instruments, is 190 in virgin (zavvi) for the first 3 days of release! If you look at it this way, GH cost 109.99, so 190 is a pretty good enough deal if u ask me! Better than the stupid ****in 240 anyways!

Advertisement