Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band - 23rd May

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

It should definitely be boycotted at this price.

Will it though??? Let's hope so. "EA RB Sales lower than expected due to boycott over higher regional prices" :D
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I stay away from EA at all costs these days, only game I'd fork out money for would be the Madden series and it's been a while since I've done even that.

Tiger Woods PGA Series is also a good one, hopefully the new f1 will be as good as old too!

GH controllers are compatible with the 360 version so I'll probably pick up the game anyway and then try to get a relativly decent price on the drums somewhere down the line. Shame the price is so bloated, been dying for this games release for the past 6+ months.

This is true - I've played it with bothe the GH2 Explorer and the Wireless GH3 guitars.

Funny thing is that in the promo EA have had to send us over a NTSC Game and XBox 360 and the GH periphs are all from here. (Save the RB periphs being out of a NTSC box also)
    Rochie IRL wrote: »
    The pricing is just stupid, America has the game months we have to wait and then pay way over the odds.

Can anyone tell me if EA are going to do the same as they did with Army Of Two. is rock band going to have the (EU) stuck on it so we can't play with people outside europe.

I didn't even think of trying this online when I had it at home but i very much doubt its the case.

There was some fundamental (but retarded) reason why Aof2 was like that i think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    Tiger Woods PGA Series is also a good one, hopefully the new f1 will be as good as old too!

If they mess F1 up, I will personally hunt the developers down!!! :mad:

Kinetic killed a guy. Mark, Did you throw a trident?
    Kinetic - Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Look out EA! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

ah f*ck EA - i will never buy another game from em again - this couple with Battlefield shennanigans (oooh weapons anyone?)

wtf like? seriously, boycott ALL ea games. if i meet anyone who works in ea im gonna kick em in the nads.

"ea execs sit back, smoke a cigar and say...f*ck it, raise the price another 20"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Definitely not buying this game even if the price drops which I'm sure it will have to to actually sell. The fact that they held out this long without releasing the game and then setting this absolutely ridiculous price...they can shove it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Definitely not buying this game even if the price drops which I'm sure it will have to to actually sell. The fact that they held out this long without releasing the game and then setting this absolutely ridiculous price...they can shove it.

The price aside, i havent been keeping abreast of why the game was delayed by i had wondered if it was something to do with the music rights for Europe?

That's it exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

That's it exactly!

Was it? I read on here, I think, that it was because of the shoddy design of the drum pedal. Which would lead me to believe why they'd rip us off by charging us more to offset the price of repairing all the drum kits but if it was because of music rights it would make more sense.

Nah i doubt it, the one i played was thrown together by EA for the demo and an NTSC version at that.

The mic doesn't work and the usb hub is third party. It had two GH2 explorers in the box too.

But, the bass pedal for the drum is g2g!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

But, the bass pedal for the drum is g2g!

I wouldn't say that, metal replacements are doing hot business on eBay and all of the top players have a kick replacement of some sort.

Also, they never came out and said why the game was delayed and especially never made mention of music rights causing the delay. The closest thing they gave for a reason was another "myriad of little things" excuse, transport, laws, localisation etc....

• Advertisement

Seemed fine to me but maybe they are.

No harm in making it better and being able to put more ware into it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It's pretty common for them to break for most good players.

Wiki.

Advertisement