Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've done it!

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

I have just ordered me a Focus Variado Expert from Wiggle! I hummed and hawed over getting the Canyon, but in the end decided that the Focus was the way to go...

Can't wait for it to arrive now :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

oh I dunno..... I woudn't have done that........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Very nice.

I'm waiting to see the new proposed jersey design in those colours any minute

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nice bike. There'll be no stopping you now. Bet you're hoping it arrives before Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Very nice, i actually drooled a little bit while looking at it. Diiiirrty:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I give the white bar tape 2 weeks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

kenmc wrote: »
    I give the white bar tape 2 weeks. :)

Apparently Jif is your only man for cleaning white bar tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Very nice. A bit too white for my liking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I'm jealous. I really have to get a better job that pays me more money.

I like the white on the bike.

But yeah, my white handlebar tape on my self-built fixie turned a manky shade of old underpants cream/brown fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

@ken -I'd give it one ride before I change to black :)

@el_tonto -I'm crossin my fingers, but it's going to Drogheda, so very unlikely I'll it in time :(

@dub_skav -how did you know :)

I'm drooling too -she's a pretty beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Yeah, I drooled too. Stop giving me cravings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

el tonto wrote: »
    Apparently Jif is your only man for cleaning white bar tape.

must start using this idea myself, for my white (not so white anymore) handlebar tape.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Nice bike. Pikkies please when you get it.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Nice bike. Pikkies please when you get it.

Might be an idea to start a "post your ride" stickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Might be an idea to start a "post your ride" stickie.

there already is one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138864

I'd forgotten about that one actually. Half the people put up stock photos of their bike though, which kind of takes away the novelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'd forgotten about that one actually. Half the people put up stock photos of their bike though, which kind of takes away the novelty.

We should start a 2008 version. Actual pictures only and if possible make it a sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Congrats, I ordered mine on a friday and it arrived the following friday I think, but ya might be lucky!

The white tape's doing okay, only 1200km on it though!-Gotta get out more!

Enjoy!

Wiggle being a bit annoying, so still not processed the order yet... I want my bike damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I just ordered this off wiggle http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/giant-scr-c3-07.jpg

It's a good site, some nice offers on it

Wiggle being a bit annoying, so still not processed the order yet... I want my bike damnit!

Heh. I've already got that frame I mentioned to you on Saturday from them. Arrived on Monday.

• Advertisement

Heh. I've already got that frame I mentioned to you on Saturday from them. Arrived on Monday.

Goddamnit!!!

I ordered Tuesday morning, got an email today to say the credit card had been declined, to check with the bank and get back to them.

I phoned my CC company, and they had authorised the sale, and 15secs later Wiggle reversed the transaction. Told them this and they said they'd try to process again... why can't anything be easy!

-Also, the price of Focus bikes is going up on Sunday cos of the poor exchange rate, so I get in at the right time :)

That's a pain in the arse alright. Hope you get it sorted soon.

That's a pain in the arse alright. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Mostly annoyed that they don't have a telephone number so you can talk to a human and get it sorted!

Advertisement