Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief 4?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Branoic wrote: »
    MS doing a half price offer on this for this weekend on XBox One.

Was planning originally on picking it up for PC in a Steam sale at some point in the future, but 50% off is a pretty good deal.

Although I understand the XBone is the most technically inferior of the "next gen" releases so not sure if its worth it?

Also down to €22 on PS4, if using a US PSN account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Have both this and Dishonoured. Plan on staring one of them this week. Is either significantly better than the other?

Dishonoured by a mile in my opinion. Almost finished Thief but have all DLC comple for Dishonoured and loved it, thihnk i might actually give it another playthrough. The whole setting for Dishonoured is just brill...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Wossack

wouldnt be in a huge rush to play thief - tis pretty poor imo

dishonoured is a far superior game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is it really that bad? Need a new single player game to keep me entertained

Cotts72 wrote: »

It's not bad at all. I've only put a few hours in but like what I saw and loved that I could tailor the game to suit how I want to play. It's not a game that will go down as a classic but considering that you can get it on PC for under €17 and on PS3 and XboxOne for under €25 you can't really go wrong.

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »

Its not a bad game at all. I quite enjoyed the second half . Worth a play through if you can pick it up cheap. Lovely looking game on PC.

Edit... Just completed. After enjoying the middle of the game I found the final levels a chore. Just wanted to get it complete..
    Defo 7/10 title. Now what to play next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dishonoured is a poor imitation of Thief, then again so is this game but both are enjoyable :)

If you prefer the stealth more I would choose Thief, if you like to have a bit of fun, a sneak and a fight then go Dishonoured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Glebee wrote: »
    Dishonoured by a mile in my opinion. Almost finished Thief but have all DLC comple for Dishonoured and loved it, thihnk i might actually give it another playthrough. The whole setting for Dishonoured is just brill...
    Everyone really should play Dishonored twice. The game plays out quite differently depending on if you go stealthy or kill lots of people. Anyone who only played the game once is *seriously* missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

but considering that you can get it on PC for under €17 and on PS3 and XboxOne for under €25 you can't really go wrong.

Where is it available on PC for under €17? I haven't really bought anything outside of Steam on PC apart from the odd indie games in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/april-fools-square-enix-investigating-save-corrupting-thief-bug/1100-6418709/

Anyone else affected by this,it's ridiculous! Lost a few hours of gameplay myself

• Advertisement

Branoic wrote: »
    Where is it available on PC for under €17? I haven't really bought anything outside of Steam on PC apart from the odd indie games in quite some time.

Cheapest ive seen it on pc.

http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/214-buy-key-steam-thief/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I've now got a little way in to the asylum level though and I'm ****ting myself. It's setting itself up to be another Cradle-esque level.

I can still remember the first time I played through Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3. I guess I will remember this level too when I get to it ...

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Enjoying bits of it but the city and map are a bit of a pain in the hole.

Game glitched on me where missions weren't accepted as being complete and I can't start some without just transporting back to the entrance of the area I started in.

That pissed me off so I've left the game for the moment, might return to it another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Took a break from this for a couple weeks. Played the asylum level last night and afew side missions. The mood in the asylum was kind of creepy, but i was expecting more from all the comments on the net.. tame compared to something like amnesia or even outlast. still cool though, but over as it starts to get interesting.. Stats show 19 hours played, and still abit to go. Definitely a decent amount of content in this game, for all its flaws, theres alot of good game in it.. like 70% good polished game, 30% "wtf were you thinking eidos".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Game reminded me of Dishonored, at the time I thought that was a decent game though I lost interest towards the end and never really completed it.

So, got the GOTY edition and I'm having waaaay more fun with it than I was with Thief, enjoying it far more than I did the first time around. Never did the DLCs so looking forward to those to keep me entertained for a while.

Thief just had too many little things that bugged me (AI was pretty dumb too) and reminded me too much of how much I wanted to play Dishonored.

Advertisement