Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad feeding from mag

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

sorry if this is a total noob question, but i'm getting a lot of double feeds on semi auto from my hicap mag in my sportsline after using silicone oil.

I've put about 3000 bbs through it at this stage so yesterday I decided to put a quick spray into the mag because it would misfeed maybe one in 100 bbs. I also cleaned the barrel by using the "cue tip" method as the american sites like to call it (spray some on the material on cleaning rod and slowly twist through the barrel).

Is this normal? Can I expect it to settle down to normal after a while, or is the mag faulty? I have put a mags worth through since cleaning.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

PaulKK wrote: »
    Hello all,

sorry if this is a total noob question, but i'm getting a lot of double feeds on semi auto from my hicap mag in my sportsline after using silicone oil.

I've put about 3000 bbs through it at this stage so yesterday I decided to put a quick spray into the mag because it would misfeed maybe one in 100 bbs. I also cleaned the barrel by using the "cue tip" method as the american sites like to call it (spray some on the material on cleaning rod and slowly twist through the barrel).

Is this normal? Can I expect it to settle down to normal after a while, or is the mag faulty? I have put a mags worth through since cleaning.

Cheers for any help.

May be oil on the hopup allowing bbs to move down the barrel pushed by the one behind.

Is your hop on at all, if off completely it may allow double feeding. Also maybe try to gently dry the inside of the hop with a bit of cloth on the cleaning rdo, being careful not to be too rough with the hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Thanks for that, i gave the barrel a wipe with a dry piece of cloth and put the hopup up a touch (it was barely turned) and it seems to have settled down a bit.

Cheers!

Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, the problem has improved slightly, but every now and then it decides to fire 3 or more bbs at once.

Can I expect this to settle down after a while? It seems to happen worst, but not exclusively when the hi-cap mag is fully wound, as in the first few shots after fully winding seem to result in this happening.

Is it possible to over-wind the mag? Or could the mag be faulty?

I've tried removing any oil on the part that feeds the bbs from the mag, but still no joy, also it happens if the hopup is fully off or on.

I was going to get some mid caps for it but i have none at the mo to test it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

PaulKK wrote: »
    Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, the problem has improved slightly, but every now and then it decides to fire 3 or more bbs at once.

Can I expect this to settle down after a while? It seems to happen worst, but not exclusively when the hi-cap mag is fully wound, as in the first few shots after fully winding seem to result in this happening.

Is it possible to over-wind the mag? Or could the mag be faulty?

I've tried removing any oil on the part that feeds the bbs from the mag, but still no joy, also it happens if the hopup is fully off or on.

I was going to get some mid caps for it but i have none at the mo to test it out...

May be an issue with the air nozzle and tappet plate then, look inside the aeg while cycling it into the bb feed tude in the magwell, does the air nozzle move forward and back in time with the action?

Motosam wrote: »
    May be an issue with the air nozzle and tappet plate then, look inside the aeg while cycling it into the bb feed tude in the magwell, does the air nozzle move forward and back in time with the action?

Cheers for the help again, yup I checked it and its completely in sync with the action.. its wierd. I just tried it there again, fed about half a mag through and it double fed about 3 times on semi auto, so it seems to be just slowly improving by itself.

Should I avoid using that mag, does double feeding cause any damage to the aeg?

One things for sure, I won't be putting silicone oil in that part again!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement