Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone left belongings on commuter train by accident?

• 08-04-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

i did it last night....is their any hope of getting it back?
    i was on the 19:21 from connolly. got off at balbriggan....and totally forgot my bag i had put overhead...the trains last stop was drogheda. i was on the last carriage and there was only a 2/3 people left on it when i got off. ive rang drogheda, conolly, balbriggan stations. cant seem to talk to anyone of use...
    balbriggan guys were helpful allright, they rang me back awhile ago to say there was no sign of it in drogheda yet anyway. just wondering has anyone else had the same experience? if so what was the outcome??
    casue if there is no hope i dont want to waste my time making calls and wondering....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

yeah, loads of times....don't know if there's a general rule though. Once I left my wallet on the train and they rang me before I even noticed it was missing, had to go to Drogheda to collect it. Other times I've got stuff at lost property in Connolly. Haven't left anything in the past few years, so I don't know how it is at the moment. I'd keep trying if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

ya ive been ringing the 3 stations since 6am....
    so i was just on to a guy in drogheda. that train stopped in drogheda and would have been cleaned out then. it didnt have any more journeys until this morning and he actually said these words...
    "the cleaners dont always drop in that stuff you know" :eek:
    he gave me a number to ring tonight when the cleaners are back on but sure its a lost cause at this stage id say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I left my bag on the train a little while ago and I noticed it within ten minutes of getting off the train. I went back to Balbriggan station and the guys there were great. As it happened, the station manager was on the train! He went to where I'd left the bag, dropped the bag off at Drogheda and the guy in Drogheda rang me later that evening and he arranged to give it to the driver of my train the next morning and I got my bag from the driver! They were really helpful so if they can do something for you I'm sure they will. Hope you get your bag back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Had a similar experience to SMK recently. I would not mind, the bag was very light, and I would have understood if someone had thrown it out. Also only realised I forgot it @ 10pm, off a 6pm service. Had to do a lot of ringing around to get the number for the railcar depot in Drogheda, but low and behold it was there. The guy even let me pick the service I wanted it sent back on the next morning. All I had to do was pick it up from the driver in my local station. I was very impressed. Doubt you'd get that service anywhere else in Europe.
    About 4 years ago, left a folder full of notes on the same service, but it never showed up. Luckily, twas not the end of the world!
    Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

I left me virginity on a train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

cheridere wrote: »
    I left me virginity on a train
    On a train like this?
    98c09521.jpg
    I hope it pulled out on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Very droll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I left a €400+ MP3 player and a set of €130 headphones on the train once. It was when the train from drogheda was stopping at portmarnock rather than heading into town. I didn't realise until I was in town, rang the station at portmarnock and they told me that they were found and handed in. So I went back to portmarnock and was given the items. I'm pretty sure the station manager thought I was some kind of moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I have done this twice :rolleyes:
    First was a pair of jeans, left in Pearse st station, never to be found.

Second was dry cleaning , on the way home to Balbriggan, this was handed into Drogheda and sent back the next day.

Any luck Sooty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

no luck im afraid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Left my work coat on once, which would have been of no use to anyone, as it had the hotel logo on it. Got off at Dun Laoghaire. Only 4 people in the carriage when I got off - train was stopping at Bray. I was told that it had not been found. Work were not impressed I can tell you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

yeah this happened me twice... As usual I copped it about 2 minutes after I got off the train. I rang immediately. First time got the usual "no, no sign of that" total crap to be honest. These guys know who is on each train and have mobiles so could easily get it for you. Im not saying they took it but I had DVDs etc and walkman in the bag so... nice little haul for someone. The second time I left a hoody and rang up and the guy said, yeah we got that for you. (they do a walk through of the train at the end of the line to find this stuff). It was even brought back on a balbriggan train for me if I remember correctly. very helpful. so it seems pot luck.

Advertisement