Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P30 Returns

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Myself and my wife have a small business with 8 part time contractors that invoice us for payment. We are registered as a partnership but we also have ourselves registered as an employer even though the only employees currently are myself and my wife (Equal Directors).
    We plan on taking on a full-time employee soon and that is why we are registered as employer.

My question is:
    I have been drawing a small monthly wage as director but I'm presuming I do not have to make a return on P30 for that as I will file my returns at the end of the year - is that correct? So am I correct in returning the P30 forms as zero?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

narcissism wrote: »
    Myself and my wife have a small business with 8 part time contractors that invoice us for payment. We are registered as a partnership but we also have ourselves registered as an employer even though the only employees currently are myself and my wife (Equal Directors).
    We plan on taking on a full-time employee soon and that is why we are registered as employer.

My question is:
    I have been drawing a small monthly wage as director but I'm presuming I do not have to make a return on P30 for that as I will file my returns at the end of the year - is that correct? So am I correct in returning the P30 forms as zero?

Narcissism

You need to talk to your accountant if you have one, if not get one. With the brief information you have given me the figures should not be zero (Directors PRSI is 5.5%) and depending on the amounts you may have Tax to pay as well although you can pay the tax at the end of the year in your own personal returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

narcissism

You should be paying tax and prsi on payments/wages taken from the company unless you are repaying yourself the seed money back that you invested. Speak to an accountant as soon as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 narcissism

Thanks both for your help and advise!!

Advertisement