Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First ever divers licence

Options
  • 08-04-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I want to apply for my first ever drivers licence and I was on the website to try to find out exactly what I would need. After twenty minutes I needed some Nurofen! I found the website to be really confusing so can anyone here help?

What will I need to apply? An application form, 2 photos, the fee, an eyesight test... is there anything else? Do you need to have had lessons? What happens after 2 years if you haven't passed your test? Is it okay to just show that you are having lessons and trying for the test?

All the bureaucracy and red tape does my head in. I can never figure out how there are people out there evading the system and entering countries illegally and withdrawing money from other peoples bank accounts. I can barely get my head around my own online banking. And I feel like a convicted criminal trying to open a Chartbusters account!

Where did you live before that?
    How long did you live there for?
    What was your landlords employers PPS number?
    Take away the number you first thought of...

Oh dear deity nevermind, I'll just wait 'til it's on TV!

Comments

Have you done your Theory test?

You can't get driving lessons unless you have a Learner permit.
    I really don't think you should aiming to be still learning in two years time......it just makes it more difficult to pass your test.
    The waiting list is down so much now, if you make an effort you should have loads of opportunities to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MyDseMkesAngels

I have not done a Theory Test. Do you think I should apply for that first, before any of the other things I mentioned? I'm sorry, I really don't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.dtts.ie/eng/index.htm

All you need to know is here. You need a successful Theory Test completion before you can apply for a Learners Permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MyDseMkesAngels

Thanks, that one's a lot more helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Firstly apply for theory test. Then you can apply for your learner permit. You are then legally able to drive accompained by a fully licenced driver. You can get lessons and get insured and drive but must wait six months before sitting your full driving test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Proof of having undergone a driving test is only required when applying for a 3rd or subsequent Learner Permit. It is not required when applying for a 2nd.
    That regulation doesn't come into force (in category B) until June 30th.

Advertisement