Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand.de and payment

Options
  • 08-04-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

yes, I am gonna be a noob here.

I love convience, so much so that I sometimes spend more money for it, but you just cant beat the prices at hardwareversand.de

However, I work very long hours and I am never near a bank on weekdays as I am usually in the UK. Can someone expline the process of paying these guys please?

Thanks,

OR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Make your order online.
    Print out the details they give you.
    Bring them to the bank
    Give the bank the cash .
    Tell them what bank it's going to.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Make your order online.
    Print out the details they give you.
    Bring them to the bank
    Give the bank the cash .
    Tell them what bank it's going to.
    :)

Awesome! :)

I like you!

I love you to baby:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

That's not really going to help if you're not able to get to a bank during the week.

he might have friends.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

he might have friends.:rolleyes:

I have no freinds.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead!

But no, really, The BOI in UCC is open on Saturdays. Can do it some weekend I am am back in Cork.

So I ordered all the parts for my new build last night from HWV. Well happy until I got to the bank today.

I went to the BOI branch in Blackrock as it was 10 minutes on the DART from work. Filled out the form which was fine as I was a little worried about transferring the money (I’m use to credit card payments). I asked the women behind the counter how long would it take, excepting it to be today or tomorrow and she said because my account is in Cork it would be Monday maybe Tuesday for the branch in Cork send it out. And that it probably won’t reach the bank in Germany till Thursday or Friday.

Little pissed off that in the modern day and age it takes so god dam long to transfer money from one bank to another but also a little worried as I heard someone once had their order cancelled by HVS as they didn’t receive the payment in 3 or 4 days.

Is it worth contacting HVS and explaining the situation and asking them not to cancel the order as the money won’t be with them till the end of next week?

OR

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I am sure i have read in other threads that it IS worthwhile letting them know of any delay in payment and they will keep the order for you until payment is recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alpha1.2

Yeah, I went with Ankermann aswell just recently. Prices good, paying is a pain in the arse. Sent money on 30/4/08, online banking great 4 it, no need to go to bank and you can see the status of the payment (not with their bank though). But it is now 6/5/08 and the money isn't there yet. What worries me is that since ive sent the money, some of the stuff ive ordered has gone out of stock! Emailed them today asking whether they had reserved for me, yet to hear back (fingers crossed). I would be well pissed if they didn't reserve it because that makes the whole delay issue super complicated.

I find myself checking 3-4 times a day to check whether they have credited the money to my account. After I get my stuff off them, I think i'm gonna send them a long email outlining why the international transfer thing is a pile of pants.

Anyone know if they reserve things or not while awaiting payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Deffo let em know. but even if you don't they're good to deal with they'l just reactivate the order if they cancelled it once they get money. Email em once you send it and then again a few days later keep on top of it. There was a guy on here before who sent it and didn't check back with them for a couple of weeks and was wonderin where his order was. All it took was one email to them to search for the payment and it was sorted. He still moaned about ehm though. IMO it was his own fault.

AIB online bank FTW. Much easier to use and quicker to go through, BOI are crap cos to add an account to send money too you have to ring them and then wait 3 days for them to add it. Then to send it you have to ring them again and they are slow to send it then. All their phonecalls kinda defeat the purpose of online banking.

Where as with AIB you type em in and send it off as quick as you can type.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whats wrong with these people and their bank transfers, you just can't beat the handiness of paying by credit card, I don't care how good their prices are I'm not going trapseing down the bank to pay

well HVS received my Payment last night
    Went to the bank at lunch time last Thrsday 01/5 and the received it on the 6/5. less than a week.

Just wondering does anyone know what this status means 'Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us.'

They have said nothing about shipment yet or anything!?

MooseJam wrote: »
    whats wrong with these people and their bank transfers, you just can't beat the handiness of paying by credit card, I don't care how good their prices are I'm not going trapseing down the bank to pay

You're saying that a walk to the bank and waiting an extra 5 days for them to receive payment isn't worth €400? That how much I saved by going to HWV and not komplett!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

OmegaRed wrote: »
    You're saying that a walk to the bank and waiting an extra 5 days for them to receive payment isn't worth €400? That how much I saved by going to HWV and not komplett!

hmm 400 would have me going down the bank all right lol but they should implement payment by cc it's 2008 !

MooseJam wrote: »
    hmm 400 would have me going down the bank all right lol but they should implement payment by cc it's 2008 !

I totally agree with you dude! As my buddy said when I told him that HVS dont accept CC, they could set up a paypal account and you could transfer money into that! It would be alot faster. Most people who do any online shopping these days probably have a paypal account!

well HVS received my Payment last night
    Went to the bank at lunch time last Thrsday 01/5 and the received it on the 6/5. less than a week.

Just wondering does anyone know what this status means 'Your payment conclusion via Prepayment was confirmed us.'

They have said nothing about shipment yet or anything!?

Ha! Same here! Its a race now to see who gets theirs first. I got a reply to my reservation query....In German......"Very honoured customer, thank you for your report. The amount was received with us, so that you can count shortly on your supply."(babelfish translated).....not really what I asked though....Still, from what i've heard they ship pretty quick once they get money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Alpha1.2 wrote: »
    Ha! Same here! Its a race now to see who gets theirs first. I got a reply to my reservation query....In German......"Very honoured customer, thank you for your report. The amount was received with us, so that you can count shortly on your supply."(babelfish translated).....not really what I asked though....Still, from what i've heard they ship pretty quick once they get money
    heh, I paid Friday afternoon, let them know that Mon is a bank holiday here so they wouldn't get the payment until Wed, then recieved the shipment notice Wed evening :)

Still doesn't appear to be up on DHL though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

nuts. I was all geared up to spend one and a half grand with these guys on a brand new rig before reading this thread. I don't have that kind of money spare in cash at the moment and need to buy on credit! Any way around this?

Komplett don't have the option these guys have where they build your rig and install the software for you do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Branoic wrote: »
    Komplett don't have the option these guys have where they build your rig and install the software for you do they?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306

Choose one of the options on the left hand side, then choose customise

I had a terrible experience with hardwareversand, definitely wouldn't consider recommending them to anybody...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Why didnt you just use ibanking and do a wired transfer? There's also a priority option that you can pay extra for and they get the payment next day. It's what I did anyway

• Advertisement

tman any chance of telling us about it?
    I think hvs are the best retail company in europe to be honest.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, did anyone else have difficulty with the address? Mine turned out as;
    Mr Alpha1.2,
    street name,
    town,
    house number,
    city.

Im just assuming that DHL.ie will get that the house number will be after town.

Well I got my shipment notice on by email on Thursday. Say it had dispatched at 4.30am in the morning on Thursday May 8th. The status still hasn't changed from that. Its now Monday 1.15pm.

I'm a little worried as I am working in the UK now 3 days a week (Mon, Tue and Wed). I'll be at home Thurs and Fridays. Does anyone know the deal with DHL and when they deliver if you're not there?

Pretty sure if your not there, they leave a note where you can call and request a redelivery or you can go to them and pick it up. Not sure if you can request a certain day/time but if the package is already in ireland, I would be quite surprised if it took more than 24 hours for redelivery

Spoke with DHL.ie today as regards crazy German post. When the packages get to england, dhl europe gives deutch post a new tracking number, even though deutch post IS dhl, so then deutch post gives the tracking number to dhl.de (same company) which forwards the numbers to hardwareversand who then give it to me (I hope). And I asked about that weird addressing system and he said it should be fine (but did cover his ass by telling me to call once i get the new tracking numbers)

Oh btw, I found dhl.ie customer service to be pretty good. Took a loooong time to get a response though. Thats what I get for calling just as they are all about to leave (7pm).....

My online tacking updated it'sef this morning and I am just wondering does anyone know what it means. It now looks like this:

Addressee: Shipment to Ireland
    Status from: 12.05.08 10:21
    Process: nol-public.statusp2-166-9901-#-0000.en

Any thoughts?

Addressee: Shipment to Ireland
    Status from: 12.05.08 10:21
    Process: nol-public.statusp2-166-9901-#-0000.en

Any thoughts?

That looks like they have destroyed your shipment :D. Seriously though, that looks to me like a reference address for a status update. As in their computer is looking for the english file (.en)for status x (166-9901-#-0000). For some reason that file doesn't exist/not available so it just shows you the assumed location of the file. nol-public sounds like a server to me. But I could be talking out my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Well I'm not quite sure what to make of these guys at this point...

Ordered a rig (with assembly) on the 23rd of April.

My payment was confirmed on the 24th.

I was aware that some items might require a wait for delivery so I wasn't too surprised when they emailed me on the 26th to inform me that they were waiting for the motherboard to be delivered and that my order would be dispatched as soon as this arrived.

On the 6th of May I emailed the company looking for an update and was informed that they were now awaiting delivery of the CPU (they stated it as being "still" out of stock but while perhaps it was listed as such at the time I ordered they certainly hadn't brought this up since then). They suggested that I change my order to the tray version of the CPU (a bit more expensive) and a third party fan. The tray version was also out of stock but more regularly delivered. I replied immediately and said that if the price difference was not significant that I would change my order. I also asked if any other components were at this point pending delivery.

On the 9th of May the company replied and informed me of the price difference between the CPUs. They also stated that my order was otherwise complete. I checked the websites stocks and was delighted to find that the tray CPU was now in stock. I picked out a 3rd party CPU fan (also in stock) and immediately provided both catalog numbers to the company asking them to bill me for any price difference and provide any needed reference numbers.

Today, four days later (and 21 days after my order) and having heard nothing more, I have emailed the company for an update.

Grrr.... Just got a reply visa vis my new tracking numbers....
    "thank you for your order. Usually the local postal service assigns new tracking number corresponding to their own system. But we have no chance to get these numbers."

WTF. So if the inbreed courier delivers to the wrong address, I don't find out till it's shipped back to them? "we have no chance to get these numbers" Why not? Surely its just a matter of a call to DHL germany and asking 'hey, whats the tracking number of those packages I gave you?".

Twunts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Well I'm not quite sure what to make of these guys at this point...

Ordered a rig (with assembly) on the 23rd of April.

My payment was confirmed on the 24th.

I was aware that some items might require a wait for delivery so I wasn't too surprised when they emailed me on the 26th to inform me that they were waiting for the motherboard to be delivered and that my order would be dispatched as soon as this arrived.

On the 6th of May I emailed the company looking for an update and was informed that they were now awaiting delivery of the CPU (they stated it as being "still" out of stock but while perhaps it was listed as such at the time I ordered they certainly hadn't brought this up since then). They suggested that I change my order to the tray version of the CPU (a bit more expensive) and a third party fan. The tray version was also out of stock but more regularly delivered. I replied immediately and said that if the price difference was not significant that I would change my order. I also asked if any other components were at this point pending delivery.

On the 9th of May the company replied and informed me of the price difference between the CPUs. They also stated that my order was otherwise complete. I checked the websites stocks and was delighted to find that the tray CPU was now in stock. I picked out a 3rd party CPU fan (also in stock) and immediately provided both catalog numbers to the company asking them to bill me for any price difference and provide any needed reference numbers.

Today, four days later (and 21 days after my order) and having heard nothing more, I have emailed the company for an update.

Day 22. Hardwareversand customer services replies to me, once again stating that the CPU in my original order is not in stock and once again suggesting that I instead order the tray version. It's possible that the email contains other information, but it's hard for me to tell as they felt it was appropriate to respond to my inquirey in German. So I'm relying on Babelfish to work out what they are saying... At any rate I have replied (in English along with a request in German for them to respond only in English) stating for the second time that I would like them to change the order as suggested and bill me.

Normally it's not this hard to get companies to take my money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement