Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand.de and payment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

You placed an order when items where not in stock so it's your own fault.
    I know it's hard waitting for your new parts but they didn't make the mistake you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

You placed an order when items where not in stock so it's your own fault.
    I know it's hard waitting for your new parts but they didn't make the mistake you did.

Did you read what I wrote or just pick a random sentence? I'm not waiting for new parts, I've specified alternate parts that are in stock twice. I had no problem waiting for the motherboard, I knew that it was pending delivery but I was willing to wait for the item I wanted. It came in and is not the issue at all.

I read your post correctly the first time.

23rd of April. placed order money went into the bank.
    24th april payment was confirmed.
    (you placed an order when parts where out of stock)

in the mean time the motherboard arrives and was available.

6th of may you contacted them saying you didn't get your order.
    They tell you the cpu isn't it stock yet either(from your original order 24th april)

still 6th of may You ordered a different cpu even though that was also out of stock

9th of may cpu arrives and is available.
    Your order is posted to ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I read your post correctly the first time.

23rd of April. placed order money went into the bank.
    24th april payment was confirmed.
    (you placed an order when parts where out of stock)

in the mean time the motherboard arrives and was available.

6th of may you contacted them saying you didn't get your order.
    They tell you the cpu isn't it stock yet either(from your original order 24th april)

Roughly correct.
    still 6th of may You ordered a different cpu even though that was also out of stock
    9th of may cpu arrives and is available.

Way off.

6th, they offer an alternate CPU. I ask for price.
    9th, they provide the price. The replacement CPU that they suggested was in stock and I requested it be added to my order along with a CPU fan, also in stock.
    13th, having heard nothing further, I ask for an update.
    14th, I receive a reply in German restating the same thing as the email on the 6th to which I repeat my change to the order.
    Your order is posted to ireland.

As of today the PC is still not built, let alone posted.

I don't appreciate you stating that this is my fault when you clearly didn't bother to read my post properly.

I can accept that some of the delay is due to part of my order being out of stock, as I stated I don't have any issue with that delay at all.

I read your reply numerous times.
    I hope you get your parts soon.

So from the 24th of april to the 6th of may you where at fault not them.

From the may6th they offer you a different cpu and you wait 3 days for them to give you a price? Why didn't you just look it up or pick another one yourself?

Perhaps you should have rang them and you would have resolved your problems in a matter of 10 minutes and they do speak english for your convience. Instead you expect emails to be answered when they probably recieve thousands of emails a week.

The kid in the ice cream shop who keeps changing his mind in happy gilmore was it?
    (That was a joke, but it still holds a truth..., see how that works?) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alpha1.2

Not to dump on your troubles but......

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
    My delivery arrived today! Got me a nice DHL note waiting for me at home. Good thing I don't start work till 2 tomorrow.

Not bad, ordered on 1st, got here 14th. 10 Working days INCLUDING time needed for money to get to them. Have to admit I was a bit worried about the no tracking number after exit from Germany. Though Hardwareversand track it until it gets to the local dispatch centre.

Now lets hope no bits missing or maliciously kicked by disgruntled inbred couriers jealous of my infuriatingly superior PC....:D

AtomicHorror-Sorry to hear that, they are a bit bad on the communication front. Usually 24 hours for an email reply which MIGHT be in english. I got one reply which was quite evident they didn't understand my question.
    If I was to give advice to anyone else, is that to ONLY order parts that are in stock.

Once I make sure all the parts are there and working, I will be writing a terse email to them explaining that payment by bank transfer is a load of anus drippings and their tracking leaves a bit to be desired.

Still, I saved at least 200eur compared to other sites. I built a comparable pc on dell and alienware and it came to ~600eur more (600 sterling with alienware, but that comp was a teeny bit better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Alpha1.2 wrote: »
    Now lets hope no bits missing or maliciously kicked by disgruntled inbred couriers jealous of my infuriatingly superior PC....:D

Genius...

AtomicHorror, have you rang them? It may be better if you ask to talk to a real person? That way they will have to give you the answers straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey guys, I have printed out the order page with the banking details but my ma and da want to know, if my ma goes to the bank and transfers the money to their account, how will they know that it's for our order seeing as only money is transferred? Do we have to email them or something? seems odd...

Jimmy-
    I had the same concern. But they should have given you a reference number? Mine was
    V743392-739784

Not sure whether this is unique or refers to the intended purpouse of the payment though. I paid from my own account so the name would match up (as would amount).

If you are concerned, just give them an email to expect x amount of money from y account for order z. If your parents are still worried, give them a call. You can also put a short message to go with the payment, I put the reference number and my email address associated with my account. The bank should also give you a payment reference number that you could email to them, if something goes wrong.

When your mam's filling out the transfer form there is a part that says ref number (intended purpose) thats what Alpha showed you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ah alright thanks. So the vibe from this thread seems to be not to leave it that - I should email these guys and tell them payment is on its way and to hold my order, and then keep on top of it after that.

Just send the money and make sure the items are in stock and leave 10 days and you'll have your stuff.

What blackgold said. Don't worry. What I said was just to allay the fears of your parents. And to cover my ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement