Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setanta to show bdo

• 08-04-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

its just been released that setanta are showing 5 bdo events this year. as far as i know the welsh open, the english open, the gold cup, the british open and one more are being shown.

along with the masters and lakeside this is a good step forward for the bdo.

i for one cant wait

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yeah i read this on another forum aswell........great for darts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah great for darts and very good for the BDO. They needed more television coverage to promote the organisation and to add some much needed prize money to the smaller events. I'm sure the BDO officials are hoping Setanta can do for them what Sky Sports did for the PDC. I don't think that will happen but it's definitely a step in the right direction by the BDO for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

They also have the Ledgends of Darts don't they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭dubdarts

they do neorox as sky and the pdc wanted nothing to do with the legends tour.

dubdarts wrote: »
    they do neorox as sky and the pdc wanted nothing to do with the legends tour.

Heard that they wanted nothing to do with it. Its the reason Bob Anderson is no longer a member of the PDPA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Nole

www.leagueoflegends.tv
    Eight of the most illustrious names in darts history return to the big time this summer in an exciting new competition to be broadcast live on Setanta Sports.

Four world champions of the 1980s – the golden era of darts on terrestrial television - are among the players who will relive their famous battles of yesteryear as they go head to head in the Betfred.com League of Legends.

Eric Bristow, John Lowe, Bob Anderson and Keith Deller will be joined by Bobby George, Cliff Lazarenko, Dave Whitcombe and Peter Evison as the sport’s most popular personalities roll back the years to thrill the crowds again.

Its going to be really good. Good reason to get a setanta subscription for the summer. I just got into darts with the sky tv boom, and have seen hardly anything of the older "golden" generation. As my interest in darts grew i became fascinated with the old rivalries that occured in that time- Jockey wilson Vs Bristow, Bobby George Vs Bristow, Taylor Vs Bristow, basically anyone bristow played cause he was so cocky.

Cannot wait for this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah the Legends of Darts looks like a really great tournament. It will be great to see the famous faces back playing again.

There is one man missing though: Jocky Wilson :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Jockey would be a pefect addition

NeoRox wrote: »
    Heard that they wanted nothing to do with it. Its the reason Bob Anderson is no longer a member of the PDPA.

it is and bristow has also lost his job at sky over it as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

Thats great for the BDO alright but what about the International Darts League & the World Darts Trophy? They are way better than the British Open surely

• Advertisement

there gone carew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I watched most of the Welsh Open there on Setanta last night. Good darts nd all but I thought Setanta's coverage of the event was f**kin shocking!! At the start when the camera was focusing in on the treble 20 bed for a 180, the cameraman kept messin it up - you'd think they'd get in a camera crew who'd done a darts event before!

Also, they kept showing the crowd a ridiculous amount - at one point, they were doing it almost in between each players throws! During the final, they missed a whole 3 darts to show some randomers' signs on more than one occassion!

I didn't even know this was on. Was it advertised at all? Sounds like Setanta have a lot of work to do before they can rival Skys coverage!

in all fairness kingpin it has taken sky years to get there coverage right and the prize money up to scratch. anyone that watches setanta or keeps an eye on the different darts websites and forums would have known that setanta were showing this and the other 4 tournaments.

i honestly think that for the first tournament to be shown setanta did a good job of the coverage. just my opinion but as someone who knows some of the bdo lads - they thought it was quite good as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Damo.Smith

the coverage seemed good enough for a channel that hasn't had darts on it previously

Think this was on Setanta too. British Classic 08. Not sure though

Two final losses in a row for Gary Anderson this time to Ross Montgomery.

Ross Montgomery 4 v 0 Gary Anderson

Surprised at Anderson with two final losses just not clicking in the final after good results throughout the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

WATCHED BOTH THE PDC AND BDO TOURNEYS AND I HAVE TO SAY THE BDO LEVEL OF PLAY IS VERY POOR COMPARED TO THE PDC. IM THINKING OF BUYING A CAMCORDER AND RECORDING OUR MATCHES WE PLAY AT HOME AND SENDING THE TAPES TO SETANTA, IT WAS SO POOR. THEY WERE IN A RUNDOWN CINEMA IN KETTERING WITH AN AUDIENCE OF SAY 50-60 WHO WERE PROBABLY FORCED INSIDE AT GUNPOINT. I JUST HAD TO LAUGH WHEN STEPHEN BUNTING WAS PLAYING.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mousey007

I honestly think that the standard will improve again if they get some big sponsorship deals....do the BBC have the world champs of it again at the start of next year?

Advertisement