Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro2008 demo

• 08-04-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else try it out?

2 mins, France v Germany.

I actually like it despite hating the fact I cant change controls but I adapted to the default.

Looks nice, gameplay is pretty solid. Keepers are quite decent, little things like move along the line on a peno is sweet.

Skill moves pulled off very well, LT + RS. Each player has a star rating or summet to that extent.

Standing tackle makes it a tad easy to break up attacks tho. Sliding tackles feel weighty.

Dunno what it's like in 2p.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

There are a few little improvements over fifa 08, a bit quiker and a tiny bit more responsive.
    It still has the same controller settings as fifa 08 and you can still change to new/classic analogue/alternative. (I always liked classic-alternative, pro evo controls are new-analogue).

presention as always is perfect, weather effects might be an overkill be still nice addition.

i was never a fan of star ratings etc but i suppose they make sence in these types of games(tournaments etc).

goal celebrations were a bit weird cause i didn't have a clue what i was doing!

Skill moves seemed the same as fifa 08 but i didn't get to try it too much.

offside trap is still annoying as they run up too far most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Have to say I love the plethora of options available in this game and the gameplay itself looks pretty good. I've always been a PES fan but I am seriously considering getting this game and giving it a fair unbiased bash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I downloaded and thought it was a good game. After playing PES 2008 when i got the XBOX i thought this game was far better, with the responce better and better AI.

I like the idea of been a pro from the FIFA game in this one where you start of as a B International and having to make you way up to become captin of your country. Seems a good idea since games like this based on tournaments can get boring after completing it first go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

FIFA has been consistently improving over the past few years. The only thing that really hasn't changed is the rehash between years (We had Champions League last year, World Cup the year before etc). Not a huge fan of the rehashes as they're generally cut down versions of their predecessors with some gimmicky features thrown it (this time, I see it's create your own goal celebration).

While I've no doubt it'll be as good as FIFA 08, I can't see it being a worthwhile purchase, at least at full price. I'd wait until FIFA 09 comes out and get this for 20e. Sure, I saw Road to World Cup for the 360 for 1.98 in XtraVision last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I bought PES 2008 and Fifa 08 and sold both on.

I had issues with Fifa being too slow and kinda clumsy in terms of player control.
    PES 2008 was just rubbish imo and thats after years of playing the PES series and loving it.

UEFA 2008 seems to have fixed almost all the issues I had with Fifa 08. I'll be getting the full game for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

The reviews are coming out for this game.

Consensus seems to be its a 9/10 game but scored at 8/10 because of its limited shelf life and full price.

I couldnt' care less about the fact that its a single tournament if it gives a good account of itself.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=132477

This is the game I have been waiting for since World Cup 1998. A game that plays great football (PES) and has all the gloss and intest that only EA can add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looking forward to this going on the reviews so far! hope I can get used to the gameplay as i've always been a pro evo head.

Big, in depth review here http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12676&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

whens this released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

crouchie15 wrote: »
    whens this released?

tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Could be released tonight as well. Heard a rumour Xtravision could be releasing it tonight.

Don't know how true this is though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Was just down in xtravision and they didnt have it out. I'll probably rent it tomorrow for a weee, ten quid. Then play GTA for a month and then get it again if I like at a much reduced price once the euro champs have started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Good plan sir, I shall do likewise! BFF?!

Advertisement