Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rock band europe price

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If any of you are stupid enough to buy this for this price, take this. You'll need it:
    kyjelly1dx4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

I recon they planned to go for the individual instrument sale they couldnt pull off in the States. If theyre selling guitars for 100euro odd and drums for similar, they couldnt go selling the entire package (with game) for anything less than 200.

The representative interviewed on Eurogamer new nothing about the pricing reasons and thats all that anybody wants to know. We know the game is fun, we know its an unusual gaming package, please stop waxing lyrical and talking marketing crap as if we owe you for anything Harmonix.

I expected more from Harmonix personally. And until anybody gives a real reason for such a price hike, im importing the instruments (thats if EA havent started region locking hardware already).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

€200 delivered from play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I suspect the interview with the Harmonix guy might have been planned before the price announcement and subsequent outrage, and I feel bad for the guy. It's not his decision, not his place to answer those questions or defend the price, he's a designer not a PR person at the publisher. The interview should not have gone ahead as it did, it should have been with someone else that IS in a position to answer questions (PR @ EA) and not fob people off with some vague references to "taxes and stuff".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

imported about 2 weeks ago ordered it on from seller on ebay on tuesday arrived on monday of following week 200 euro including the shipping from the states .

dont see how EA can justify the absurd price difference and the delay in release
    typical though the europeans get screwed , although could be worse .

Oz probably wont get it til next year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Holsten wrote: »
    €200 delivered from play.com.

I doubt they will deliver the instruments to ireland to be honest,

They wont even deliver the GTAIV collectors edition due to the weight.

If you order it you will get notice of this i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

WellyJ wrote: »
    I doubt they will deliver the instruments to ireland to be honest,

They wont even deliver the GTAIV collectors edition due to the weight.

If you order it you will get notice of this i think.

Are you serous about the collectors edition? I need that lockbox?!?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Cosmonaut wrote: »
    Are you serous about the collectors edition? I need that lockbox?!?!? :D

Yeh tried play.com first for this, as i got the Halo 3 CE from them with free shipping!

But obviously they have changed their policy and wont ship above certain weight.

Game are the same, ended up ordering it from hmv as they dont appear to have this issue, though who knows, i will probably get an email on the 29th saying they cant ship it....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Europeans are getting well and truly gouged by EA here. They can waffle on about localisation, about taxes, about all the various laws and distribution networks, but it's all a smokescreen. The markup here is over 100% which doesnt add up no matter what way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

a while back I made up my mind to avoid buying anything with an EA label on it unless I was really desperate.

So glad I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Another dev tries to reason about the pricing. I just don't understand why they started with such a high RRP, if Play is already able to offer the game + instruments for £140, a price most would have been expecting, then clearly the markup is way too high. Still gonna wait and see what retailers charge and if it's close to RRP then I'll be importing the drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I honestly think they're in for a big shock when the game comes out as I don't think anyone is going to buy it. Seriously, just who is going to pay €240 for a videogame? Not the casual gamers, who have made the game such a success in the US - they can buy a Wii console or Xbox 360 for that price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

its up to us as consumers to make a statement by not making the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I have friends who imported it from the states and I think it cost them about €120 altogether. Definitely something to look into. It's the PS3 version which is region free, not sure if the 360 one is or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

360 is not region free, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

absolute joke wanted to pick this game up for awhile but I dont think I could stomach even importing this game with the attitude E.A are taking on it its not a bloody virtual reality machine ,its a game with abit of music and some funny looking joypads.

I really hope the game dose terrible in europe but i know it wont.

Pointless to really give out about E.A its blatant they are pure evil :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

they finally got around to explaining why they split the bundle up

and of course its a load of bollox

1. The peripherals are manufactured in China, but the software is manufactured in Europe (Mike?). In order to bundle the software, we would need to set up a bundling facility, ship all the peripherals to it, open each box to insert the software, then re-pack it into containers and route it to the distribution centers. This is very expensive to do in Europe, and we are actually focused on trying to keep costs down; see earlier post. It isn’t really possible to do the bundling in China, since the peripherals shipping is done by boat (airfreight would be insanely expensive for boxes that big), and the peripherals need to leave China before the software development is complete.

ok

A) I assume you had to the same for the US?

B) You do know you dont actually need to put the game into the actual bigger box.
    2. The game disc and peripherals are identical for all European territories, but the manuals have to be localized for each country, so in practice the software package is different for each country. That means that for each territory that we launch into (currently UK/France/Germany), we’d need to build and track separate bundles. If we were to launch into additional territories in the future, then we’d be obliged to track even more unique bundles. This also has big inventory-management challenges. For example, if the game ends up selling really well in Germany, but not in France, then we’d have a warehouse full of French bundles and no inventory for Germany. For a region like Europe, it just makes more sense to treat the software and hardware separately. This wasn’t an issue in the US, since it’s one giant (mostly) English-speaking country.

Uhmmm every game does this? Why is Rock Band so unique?
    3. Given that the game is expensive (which we acknowledge), we want to provide some alternate options for purchase than the entire bundle at one go. If you already own a USB microphone, it will probably work with Rock Band. Depending on the console you own, other controllers you own may (OR MAY NOT! See lengthy commentary elsewhere on this forum) work with Rock Band. Providing standalone software and peripherals may give you an opportunity to get into Rock Band at a lower price, depending on your situation.

ok you dont seem to be understanding here...

*the games expensive, break it up and charge more*

THE GAME IS EXPENSIVE BECAUSE YOUR BRAKING IT UP!

Sell it as a bundle and its no longer an overpriced monster.

You're creating your own monster.

bah bah bah!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Crowd of muppets, completely agree blitzkrieg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Arent you subject to import tax when you buy it off play.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Y'know what EA... don't bother releasing Rock Band in Europe at all. It just sound like too expensive a proposition, for you... for us.

Just remove the region restrictions from the game and let us, the consumers, take on the expense of importing the kit ourselves from America. Your obviously too timid to upset your import partners by requesting a sane (bulk shipping) fee off them... and wily individuals are already importing the kit for less anyway... so save everyone the hassle of a European release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Solution: print a ****ing multi-language manual you cocks.

Fnz wrote: »
    Y'know what EA... don't bother releasing Rock Band in Europe at all. It just sound like too expensive a proposition, for you... for us.

Just remove the region restrictions from the game and let us, the consumers, take on the expense of importing the kit ourselves from America. Your obviously too timid to upset your import partners by requesting a sane (bulk shipping) fee off them... and wily individuals are already importing the kit for less anyway... so save everyone the hassle of a European release.

+1 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Goddamn cocktards.

Dear EA,

Stop shafting us.

If the above seems unfeasible, don't bother releasing Rock Band in Europe.

Regards,

Everyone.

[Edit] Oops, sorry, didn't read the last few posts.

Fnz +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?currency=EUR&cPath=486_490&products_id=13463

Link above has it for €114, not sure bout total price incl shipping, but it should be cheaper then european version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

That's the PS3 version, most people without the game are looking for it on the 360 which is region locked.

Advertisement