Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANOTHER thailand question!(visa?)

• 08-04-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I booked to go for 7 weeks this summer, I see you need a visa if you are going to be there for that period of time. Whats the story with obtaining these?
    What did everybody else do? and more importantly, assuming i need to send out my passport, how long did it take?

cheers guys,

crisco10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

I had to send my passport off to the Thai embassy, can't remember exactly how long it took but think it was just a few weeks. Try here for answers http://www.thaiconsulateireland.com/visafaq.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Or just get the standard 30 day one when you land in Bangkok then do a visa run across the border when its running out, very common practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭crisco10

Gaz wrote: »
    Or just get the standard 30 day one when you land in Bangkok then do a visa run across the border when its running out, very common practice.

I thought about do that but then saw this on the consulate website:

"Q. I plan to visit other countries around Thailand and I plan to be in Thailand for less than 30 days. However my airline ticket shows more than 30 days in Thailand. Do I need to apply for a visa
    ....A. Yes. If your airline ticket shows more than 30 days you must apply for a visa before entering Thailand even if you plan to obtain an airline or rail ticket to a third country upon arrival in Thailand."

or is that avoidable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

I never had any problems a few months back and i hopped in and out of Thailand alot over 5 months

Get a cheap air asia rtn flight to Cambodia or Singapore and youshould be fine on your return to bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

crisco10 wrote: »
    I thought about do that but then saw this on the consulate website:

"Q. I plan to visit other countries around Thailand and I plan to be in Thailand for less than 30 days. However my airline ticket shows more than 30 days in Thailand. Do I need to apply for a visa
    ....A. Yes. If your airline ticket shows more than 30 days you must apply for a visa before entering Thailand even if you plan to obtain an airline or rail ticket to a third country upon arrival in Thailand."

or is that avoidable?

good question, thats the boat im in, spending 2 months in thailand ticket bought ect... think i'l just get the visa. i have like 7 weeks. send it off before friday, i should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

the thai consul in dublin are on a two week holiday from monday btw. but if you got your visa in last friday it should be fine and you'll hear back in a week. at least thats what they told me. i got a double entry visa but now im wondering if i needed to or should i have just got one when i was getting back over the border.

Advertisement