Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loading pages without reloading the mp3 player

Options
  • 08-04-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

i've set up my website with an mp3 player in the top right corner.

but my problem is i dont want the mp3 player reloading everytime i click thru to another page.

i've thought about using frames/iframes but all i'm reading is that these are not the done thing/ search engine problems / orphaned pages etc.

i cant seem to find another solution though?

anyone have any suggestions.

thx in adv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pages reloading is a symptom of one of the basic mechanisms of the Internet.

Short of using AJAX to load your entire page content (not recommended), or having the MP3 player open in a separate popup, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I did a site with an mp3 player on it and used frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Allow the user to launch the player in a new window, if they really want to listen while browsing the site they will do this. Failing that it's just AJAX or an entirely flash based website if I'm not mistaken.(I probably am though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd go the AJAX route, frames look tacky and early 90s web, flash based sites are very hard to pull off right, popups will get blocked by some browsers and that can be annoying too.

and as a side note have the music defaulted to off, nothing worse than pissing off people every time they visit your site listening to the same riff over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

thx for all the replies.

looks like i might go frames, not upto speed on ajax and need a quick solution.

i think i'll be able to blend a topframe without it being too obvious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement