Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London calling

Options
  • 08-04-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I'm off to London next week and am thinking of getting some ink done while i'm over there. Any reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

Depends on the style you're after - there's the obvious places, such as Into You in Farringdon (amazing tribal stuff), Lal Hardy in Muswell Hill (did Keith Flint's tattoos), etc.

I'm also going to recommend a couple of places a bit further out, but still in the London area - Andy Barber at Suburban Graffiti in New Malden's awesome and can do almost anything, Vas Juresco at Skin Shock in Croydon is also awesome, especially for fantasy/biomech stuff, and Brad Sims at Bodyworks (also in Croydon) does fantastic Japanese-style work, as well as most other styles.

All these places are a short train ride away from central London and are pretty easy to get to (go to New Malden from Waterloo for Andy Barber, West Croydon from Victoria or London Bridge for Bodyworks, or South Croydon from Victoria for Skin Shock.

One caveat though - these guys are usually pretty busy, so you might want to look them up and make an appointment first. If they know you're coming over from Ireland, they might be able to make room for you if they're already booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Frith Street Tattoo for oldskool stuff and I'd second Into You for tribal and they do amazing Japanese stuff aswell (Nicole from London Ink works there).

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

I'd also say to stay away from most of the conspicuous-but-s**t tattooists around Camden, Covent Garden, etc (with the exception of the Tusk guys) - they're mostly only after tourists' money and will pretty much only do flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I was in one in Camden that hadn't quite managed to spell tattoo correctly on any of their signs and also had 3 puppies running around the studio. Plus most of them are in the back of clothes shops which is never a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thanks for all the replies folks. I kinda had the idea that Camden is a place to avoid, thanks for reinforcing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Teh Russ wrote: »
    I'd also say to stay away from most of the conspicuous-but-s**t tattooists around Camden, Covent Garden, etc (with the exception of the Tusk guys) - they're mostly only after tourists' money and will pretty much only do flash.

What about "Evil from the Needle"? One of the worlds best shops!

What about "Evil from the Needle"? One of the worlds best shops!
    this must be their website:
    http://www.evilfromtheneedle.com/

davey180 wrote: »
    this must be their website:
    http://www.evilfromtheneedle.com/

Yep thats them. They are at the back of a clothes shop but are a really good shop. I have been there to get work by Bugs. In fairness to the above posts the studios in that part of London do look a bit dodgy.

Yep thats them. They are at the back of a clothes shop but are a really good shop. I have been there to get work by Bugs. In fairness to the above posts the studios in that part of London do look a bit dodgy.
    bugs was there was he.Yourtat is the octopus ones etc im i right?Smashing stuff from Dave Bryants portifilos pics.He seems to be a very young lad with 5 years experince but savage works he does.

• Advertisement

Yep their mine. Just saw your new piece, its class!

Advertisement