Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test @ 5.45 today.

Options
  • 08-04-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    my driving test is today at 5:45, in churchtown. This is the 11th hour. Any last words of advice?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Try and relax and keep calm. If something goes wrong, don't panic or think you've blown it, keep the faith. Let us know how you get on & good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know you're there now.....but good luck! let us know how it went, i did mine in churchtown too

Your finished now....Hope it went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Failed it. Pissed off. Got 12 grade 2 marks (9 is the max). :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Ah well, sorry to hear. Don't get too down about it. Half of people that do it fail it.
    Put it behind you and book another test asap and focus on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Sorry to hear that Zulu

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sorry to hear Zulu, as said above, it's over now so so don't worry about it. Now you'll know what to expect next time around and i'd imagine you'll be a lot more relaxed. You'll get it!

Sorry to hear Zulu, as said above, it's over now so so don't worry about it. Now you'll know what to expect next time around and i'd imagine you'll be a lot more relaxed. You'll get it!

Exactly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

:(

Bad luck. Chalk it down and book the next one straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Zulu wrote: »
    Failed it. Pissed off. Got 12 grade 2 marks (9 is the max). :(

Hard luck :( But there was a quote on these forums not long ago that comes to mind now, apparently originally used to describe the intricacies of tug-of-war.

I believe it went something like this:

"Keep f***ing at it"

I was in a similar postition myself, having also gotten 12 Grade 2 faults, I changed driving schools (recent experience had shown me that was necessary) then I practiced like crezzy in the run-up to my next test, then voila - passed with only 2 faults - 1 Grade 1 and 1 Grade 2.

You've had a setback, to be sure, but you can turn this around. Might not be easy but you can turn it around.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the kind words folks.
    I really wish though he could tell me what I did wrong. One of the faults was for the "about turn" - thing is, there was no traffic, I checked mirrors etc., didn't cross over hands, didn't turn wheel while the car wasn't moving - granted I did it in 5 points as opposed to 3, but it really irked me.

That said, it made no differnece, and I'm just focusing my anger on that.

Thanks again for the kind words folks. I'll keep chipping away at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Are you put to the bottom of the list now, do you have to pay again?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I really wish though he could tell me what I did wrong. One of the faults was for the "about turn" - thing is, there was no traffic, I checked mirrors etc., didn't cross over hands, didn't turn wheel while the car wasn't moving - granted I did it in 5 points as opposed to 3, but it really irked me.

Hard luck Zulu. Perhaps you didn't react to potential hazards that you may not have been aware of but the examiner was.

The turnabout can be done in more than 3 stages although many still refer to it as the 3 point turn.

Bear in mind that most people are successful in category B the second time and that most of us were unsuccessful on the first outing. The waiting times are much shorter nowadays also. Stick with it! :)

Yup bottom of the list again. :(

Yea, cheers Wishbone, he must have seen something I didn't - but I wish I knew so I could watch out for it next time.

What was it for Observation?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Are you put to the bottom of the list now
    Only if you reapply! ;)

The waiting times are down to 5 or 6 weeks in some centres.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    do you have to pay again?
    Of course! :)

No, not observation, it was in the "about turn" section.
    I don't have the results in work with me though, so that mightn't be completly accurate. I taught observation was in a section by itself?

No, not observation, it was in the "about turn" section.
    I don't have the results in work with me though, so that mightn't be completly accurate. I taught observation was in a section by itself?

It is too but for the that manoevre it is covered in the turnabout section.
    Sure have a look again later.

To be honest, I'm just all riled up over failing. I'm just going to forget about it.

Advertisement