Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ridiculous fault reporting process

Options
  • 08-04-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i don't know if this should go here or in humour but anyway:

my BT broadband hasn't been working properly for a few weeks so i called them and they got someone from eircom out today. i just got a call from my mother and this is what the eircom guy told her:

the problem is something to do with the line syncing (i'm going to get the full details when i get home) and to get it fixed i have to call BT who will contact someone else in eircom to come out and fix it.

i wonder do eircom send all their internal communications through BT or just the ones that have no reason to go through them?

is this the normal process does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Yeah the procedure is that a fault gets logged by your provider in this case BT to eircom with a specific fault or issue in mind. If the issue is of a broadband nature ie you're not synching up then the engineer who calls out would be privy to this and equipped to deal with it on the first visit out. It'd be interesting to see exactly what the engineer meant tbh. HE may have said that the issue is due to your router not synching (his equipment synching would infer a faulty router) in which case you would need to order a replacement which i believe are free of charge with BT.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i don't know if this should go here or in humour but anyway:

my BT broadband hasn't been working properly for a few weeks so i called them and they got someone from eircom out today. i just got a call from my mother and this is what the eircom guy told her:

the problem is something to do with the line syncing (i'm going to get the full details when i get home) and to get it fixed i have to call BT who will contact someone else in eircom to come out and fix it.

i wonder do eircom send all their internal communications through BT or just the ones that have no reason to go through them?

is this the normal process does anyone know?

Given that you do not have the proper details of what the Eircom tech said surely it would be better to wait and post when you do?

Advertisement