Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ladies Suit for interview - where to go???

Options
  • 08-04-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Have 3rd round interview on friday need new suit - have looked in warehouse and debenhams, any one else know where else to try willing to spend about 150 or so, any help would be great thanks.....i cant think of anywhere!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Oasis. They have lovely stuff in there at the moment and a good bit of workwear .

You might get more info in the fashion and appearance forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I think i heard that Zara have nice suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The PDQ

It mightn't be the obvious place you would think of but New Look have good suits at the mo, and they are great value, good tops and stuff as well to go under them, and you can dont feel as bad buying new ones when you haven't paid big bucks for them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Next are great for suits, good fabric usually, good cuts and affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

I got a really great suit in Penneys believe it or not, no one copped on at all, in fact I was repeatedly told what I nice suit I had on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

ya definetely try next, they have a great selection & are great if you are not a standard size such as petite etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

dudara wrote: »
    Next are great for suits, good fabric usually, good cuts and affordable.

+1. Really good quality fabric, and not too trendy, iykwim, so you'd get a good bit of wear out of it as it won't go out of fashion.

Marks and Spencers' range was quite disappointing the last time i was looking at the suits there (about 2 months ago). They have a range that claim to be machine washable, so might be good for day to day work wear, but nothing at all that i'd wear to an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

The PDQ wrote: »
    It mightn't be the obvious place you would think of but New Look have good suits at the mo, and they are great value, good tops and stuff as well to go under them, and you can dont feel as bad buying new ones when you haven't paid big bucks for them

+1 I got a very nice suit in New Look over a year ago and I've worn it loads and it still looks great. Dorothy Perkins is good too and a lot of their suits look like they're from Next but are half the price ;)

Is it just me or do other people hate spending money on work clothes??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Next is the best place I know of for a suit for €150 especially if you're petite as they do a good range. Good tailoring and a nice fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

If you want a suit to get value for money out of go to next or marks and spencers. The material is much better quality.

Marks is also good for shirts etc.

And dont forget the shoes, Good shoes are a must....

New looks suits are not good quality. they dont wash or iron well..

Best of luck..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

picked up 2 lovely suits over the weekend. 1 in Dunnes Career Wear section and the other in New Look :) quite reasonably priced too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Next ftw, good luck with interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

Hhhmmm... New Look ;)

Advertisement