Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't believe the Hype

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

booooonzo wrote: »
    Good point Paul,
    I dont really think the spl sounds bad as such just i have nothing "High end" to compare it to.
    Im going on opinions and what i read really.
    I hope to get as good a signal path as possible in to my daw for vocal mainly(so a new mic and mic pre maybe with ad).

What would be your recomendation for about 2k?

Go on holiday?.........

No, I'll PM you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I am going Apogee Rosetta 200 into portico 5012 into 002, i hope this along with my vocal booth getting sound proofed makes a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Nice one Dav , you should hear big improvements straight away especially when you track stuff up.

You'll also find you'll do less EQing and should hear the effects of compression better too...

All in all a big step in the right direction, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Nice one Dav , you should hear big improvements straight away especially when you track stuff up.

You'll also find you'll do less EQing and should hear the effects of compression better too...

All in all a big step in the right direction, well done!

Cheers Paul,
    Lets hope that Steve lets go of his Portico he sounds very attached to it..

Advertisement