Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tasty but healthy shakes?

• 08-04-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for some healthy but tasty shake recipes. Not anything containing protein powder if possible.

I'm thinking natural yoghurt, skimmed milk, strawberries, banana, apple...that sort of thing.

Any other recommendations? I've seen someone mention oats but won't these sink to the bottom of the glass?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Skimmed milk, a banana, 5/6 strawberries, nip of honey and a tblsp granola.

The granola will be blitzed in the smootie-maker, it will settle if it's not drank straight away but a quick stir sorts that out.

Have you a juicer available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Why not protein powder? I think it's great stuff.

Keep any leftover fruit in the freezer (if you have kids, there will be lots) and add them to your shake. It cools and thickens it instantly. Banana, strawberries, raspberries are perfect.

Throw your oats dry into your blender for a couple of minutes first, to grind down fine. Then you can add them to your shake without getting bits. Flaxmeal is also good in a shake. Or peanut butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

EileenG wrote: »
    Why not protein powder?
    Because this is not a selfish endeavour, I want to make them for friends this weekend. I'm used to makin my own but they've had those ones before so I'm looking for ideas that have new indredients.

I also don't want to be giving protein supplements to my friends...they can buy their own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If it's for friends, I'd go with some frozen banana and strawberries, milk or yogurt, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top to impress them.

Advertisement