Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Paris

• 08-04-2008 3:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I found a news article that tells of a new route between Waterford and Paris CDG with Aer Arann from last January.

Has anyone any news on this?
    It'd make all the world of a difference to my life if it was put in place...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mine too, but I havent heard of it since either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, I heard that the negotiations about landing slots were a bit difficult.

At least the Amsterdam route is starting in a few weeks, and I've heard that they plan to have it all year round - though I don't know how true that is. Great to see all the ads up around town for it though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv moved this topic from Waterford County as all the topics on the Airport have been located in the Waterford City forum previously, regardless of its location.

Those who have taken issue with the move or the point in the forums at all have had their posts moved to a Feedback topic:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271857

Back on topic...

I doubt your going to find out anything more then whats being released to the press. I can imagine getting slots will be hard!

Just wondering does anyone have any update on this

I emailed them at the end of April to see what the craic was, here was the response:

"Dear Mr. $%^&*

Thank you for your email. With regards to your query, unfortunately we have not been advised as of yet if the flight to Paris will be added to our Summer timetable. If there is anything else that I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
    Waterford Airport."

Anyone know of any developments? I think i'll send another email

Anyone know of any developments? I think i'll send another email

I think I asked this question somewhere or other a month ago, and no, there were none. E-mail them, I would say... I'd be interested to see their response.

Given that it was to be a Galway-Waterford-Paris service, you could send the same e-mail to Galway airport... just a thought!

• Advertisement

I will, i'll post up the response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

you are probably better off emailing Nex Aviation or Aer Arann.

you are probably better off emailing Nex Aviation or Aer Arann.
    sent

Not looking good

"At this point in time there are no plans to introduce a Galway-Paris(CDG)-Galway route. This and other possible routes are under consideration.

Many thanks for your enquiry.

Regards,

Michael Moloney,

Marketing Manager,

Galway Airport."

Good work anyway CantGetNoSleep... thanks!

• Advertisement

Got a similar reply from Aer Arann, must have just been some dodgy journalism in that article

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Aer Arann are not flying into Paris, the only routes we are doing into France would be:

Galway - Waterford - Bordeaux
    Galway, Waterford and Cork to Lorient.
    Cork to Nantes.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us."

Advertisement