Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you call this type of music??

• 08-04-2008 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hey guys stumbled upon a nice track by sander v doorn - the bass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K0hfV4qrItM&feature=related

just wondering what would you call this type of music?
    and could anyone suggest any more tunes with same sort of sound?

thanks
    steven

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Mixmag and record sites like juno.co.uk label Sander Van Doorn under Trance. This is a pretty general term though so I wouldn't go buying the 'Best of Trance 07' or something and expect to get what you're looking for. Mixmag had a cover disc mixed by Van Doorn a couple of issues ago and it was excellent. He had some if his tracks (Grasshopper) on it as well as some more minimal yet edgy house like Oxia's 'Domino' (a classic track).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

sounds like tech-house/minimal to me. go to beatport.com and browse those genres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Sounds like minimal tech although hes labelled as trance on wiki. /shurg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

It's more tech house than anything and to be honest it's not actually that bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sanders generally a tech trance DJ. The Bass isn't quite tech trance though.... far less of the 'trance' element than his other stuff. Most of the rest of the album is. He's actually got a fairly unique style but generally plays alongside tech trance/trance DJs and would remix/do production on others trance/tech trance tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 just_steven

right il stick wit the tech/trance, house/tech style and do some searches for more stuff..

thanks alot guys
    steven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 -jethro-

personally, id call it crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

-jethro- wrote: »
    personally, id call it crap!

I'd call you crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Kold wrote: »
    I'd call you crap

I'll crap you.:)