Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 320i SE - Trade in or Private Sale? How Much?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ok so in your experience a 325d SE coupe over a 320d Msport ??
    Well I haven't have a direct experience of either to be truthful but statistics don't lie:D. The 320d M Sport gets you a bodykit and a few other bits and bobs. BMWs are about driving, not posing. They're marketed as "The Ultimate Driving Machine" after all. The 325d gives me something that I can use: the more powerful, more torquey and better sounding engine. That to me is more in keeping with "The Ultimate Driving Machine" philosophy:).

I've sampled a 5 series in both SE and M Sport guises. There is no contest. I wouldn't take an M Sport over an SE if BMW give it to me for free:D! Admittedly the SE 5 series had no run flats and the M Sport had. That I'm sure made a big difference. The M Sport is noisier and you really notice the difference over bumps. For me it comes down to the fact that I simply would not spend that kind money on the asthetics of a car, even if I had that kind of money to spend. I'd either not spend it or else spend it on a more powerful engine or get a few luxuries.

The SE 3 series is rather firm, certainly not uncomfortable but nevertheless firm. I wouldn't like it any firmer.

I've gone in a few 6 cylinder diesel BMWs(530d, 730d) as well as a 520d and there is no comparison sound wise between one of those and a 4 cylinder diesel. The 520d is noticably louder, gruffer, and nowhere near as interesting sounding as the 6 cylinder models! That said even the 6 cylinder diesels wouldn't hold a candle to 6 cylinder petrol BMWs(or indeed any diesel versus petrol) on those areas I just mentioned.

Based on past experience with recent BMWs there is no doubt in my mind that the 325d would be a much better choice. There is nothing wrong with the 320d, after all WhatCar? keep choosing it as their favoured compact exec and favourite 3 series so it is clearly doing something right but the 6 cylinder models make the car feel that little bit special, and if you're spending that kind of money on a car you might as well get something just a little bit special;).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Thanks for that . Will be taking a test drive next week so will check it out .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

E92 wrote: »
    .....but statistics don't lie .... BMWs are about driving, not posing. They're marketed as "The Ultimate Driving Machine" after all. .

LOL :pac: so much marketing in such a small space !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Statistics can do whatever we want..........
    Driving/Posing.........ladies and gentlemen.........I give you manual, cloth-infested, 316i's.........
    Ultimate Driving Machine........oh dear.......is that with, or without, the bump-thump, and so-so power you so eloquently describe..............??:D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement