Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting A Car in Cork

Options
  • 08-04-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All,

I plan to rent a car for weekend or holiday. Any idea where is a good car rental? I know just Hertz car Rental in the cork airport. Anybody can suggest me for other option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

Last weekend I just rented a 6 seats car (Opel Zafira) for 4 days (7-11 may). It cost 132 euro (I has voucher discount fortunately) . Normal prise 150 euro. Not bad for the price I think. The price is excluding the fuel of course.

The bad thing is I have to pay super cover protection for 48 euro. When I pick up the car the officer said that it cost only 12 euro.

When i complain he said that 12 euro is each day. Just I wonder it will be better if officer told to the customer clearer about all cost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Having shopped around in the past, I've found Avis the cheapest, often by quite a bit. They all have websites though, it takes about an hour to Google and compare.

adam

Another alternative is "enterprise car rent" in Kinsale Road Industrial Estate. They offer pick up service if you don't have ride to their office.

Cheap price especially on weekend (16e/day). But some time you will need to wait for a long queue in the office desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Having travelled a lot on business, I tend to opt for mainstream 'safe options' like Avis etc when abroad, but I've used Dan Dooley a lot out of Cork Airport and I've rarely found better value or friendlier people. They'll consider doing a deal, if you ask and if you use them regularly they'll cut their rates substantially. Haven't needed to use them in a while, but they used to have lots of Ford Focus's as compact cars and as a 4x4 driver, the Focus was great to drive, for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

If you plan on saying in the city itself, another option is the Go Car scheme. www.gocar.ie

If you plan on saying in the city itself, another option is the Go Car scheme. www.gocar.ie

I have a look at the website and it seems like more expensive than others. The registration fee is 50 euro (only once), price is 5eur/hour plus 0.35/km. And there is also monthly fee 7 eur/month.

But maybe you are right. It's useful when we use only in the cork city. Not for long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Great Island Cars Sales also rent cars. Not sure of contact details but try 11811 for thier phone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

http://www.autoeurope.ie always give me the cheapest price across the board, in Ireland and Abroad.

Got a Ford Focus Automatic with Europcar for 9 days at 14.60 a day from Dublin Airport.

Also used them for Hertz in Nice and Leeds and Europcar in Cork too, always worked out cheaper than getting direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

353 Car Rentals are also at the airport

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dahamsta wrote: »
    Having shopped around in the past, I've found Avis the cheapest, often by quite a bit.
    Probably still one of the cheapest, but I don't recommend Avis any more, based on experience. I used Hertz on a recent trip and found them grand. Took the full insurance though!

Advertisement