Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User locks thread?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this now and was wondering how a regular user can lock one of their own threads? Is it possible? I'm confused, there must be something I'm missing.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

PM'd the mod? Knows a mod IRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok the poster started the thread but we dont own the threads we start. I see no reason for it to be locked but if a mod chose to lock it then fine. I've seen plenty of threads like that one were even if the OP doesnt reply again usually someone else will chip in with a similar discussion and on the thread goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I think someone's having a bit of fun. He can't have closed it himself. I just tried myself and that doesn't work.

Unless he has magical powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Thats entirely up to the individual mod, in fairness. I know I have been asked to delete, close or edit threads in the past and if the user makes a good argument I will usually oblige. In the case where the OP has deleted the original post, then the thread would most likely go nowhere or descend into trolling so closing it might be the best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bet you its a mod using dual accounts.

duh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

stevenmu locked it, checked in thread details.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its a pretty good trick that. I'm impressed.

Ruu wrote: »
    stevenmu locked it, checked in thread details.

Ah right. I was just wondering if it was the whole thing about deleting the first post and the thread being deleted/locked, I think that can be done if there are no replies, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its the paranormal forum.

Personally Im disappointed you didnt think to do it first, 6th.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ruubot truely is all knowing. Pity, I was having a good giggle when I saw this. :pac:

When the user removed their OP there didn't seem like much point in keeping the thread open. But if anyone else wants to start a thread on the same lines they're more than welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

We should really just give 6th access to the Paranormal Mod forum so he can track all our work.

We might need to delete a few threads first...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A 'few' ?

Its wasnt specifically a question about the paranormal forum but a more general question about deleting OPs and locking threads.

Sorry folks, its not another Paranormal Feedback Thread :D

PSI, I had Cmod powahs for half a day, dont think I didnt look around ;)

What would happen if I tried to delete my first post here?

6th wrote: »
    Just saw this now and was wondering how a regular user can lock one of their own threads? Is it possible? I'm confused, there must be something I'm missing.

Wonders?

Advertisement