Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-skilled work in Galway?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I want to move into Galway city asap as I was layed-off a while back. No work in my area at all tbh.

Im not really qualified to do anything else as I was trained on the job.

Am not fussy about what I do. Something within easy reach of city center or bus route.

What have people seen in that area recently?

I'm talking supermarkets, warehouses, anything really. Not supermacs though. Bad memories, I still get nightmares after all those years!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check the Galway Advertiser
    Best bet for unskilled jobs I think. Good luck :)
    Btw, I asked for this to be moved to City for better coverage as it is in the city you want work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved to Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

biko wrote: »
    Check the Galway Advertiser
    I asked for this to be moved to City for better coverage as it is in the city you want work.

Thanks Biko, I actually meant to post the thread in the city forum, where did I put it, in County?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I actually meant to post the thread in the city forum, where did I put it, in County?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Try the advertiser, the hotels around the place, and of course dropping in CV's to places in town. Dunnes Knocknacarra are usually hiring. There are two shoe shops upstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre hiring along with the Apple shop downstairs.

I'm on the jobhunt at the moment also, good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Fobia wrote: »
    Try the advertiser, the hotels around the place, and of course dropping in CV's to places in town. Dunnes Knocknacarra are usually hiring. There are two shoe shops upstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre hiring along with the Apple shop downstairs.

I'm on the jobhunt at the moment also, good luck!

Thanks for that. Just out of curiousity, is the Knocknacarra Dunnes the new one that is out the Western Distibutor road?

Is it served by a bus?

I would apply in the morn if it was.

Will try places in Eyre Square SC also. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

served by the city direct bus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm surprised theres been no perverted posts yet..... yet......

OP: Are you male/female? I might have a job for you that involves a camera and a... you'll find out

Advertisement