Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting brackets for hard disks?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get brackets for installing 2 new hard disks inside my case? Are there generic plastic brackets your can just screw into the sides of internal hard disks to mount them in cases? Hope this makes sense. Right now I have 2 extras drives inside my case sitting on top of each other:eek:, I know this cannot be a good idea! I'd rather have them mounted with some kind of brackets and a bit of space between them :D

Thx

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

information about what case you have would be nice. Also a picture of the inside of your case would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Maplins sell them for a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've a mounting bracket to mount 3.5" in a 5.25" drive bay if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cheers extra-ordinary, any chance of a piccy:) I am literally just looking for the 2 strips of plastic you can get to attach to the sides of drives to slot them into my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

As was asked earlier, what case do you have? It matters believe it or not ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

If it's just drive rails you're looking for, then as been said - case info is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Ah ha, thats what they're called 'drive rails', thanks extra-ordinary :) Sorry I'm a bit of a n00b at this sort of stuff.

The case is...

ATX 9001 B34
    ATX MidiTower LCD Display

Images of exterior and interior...

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=1140

These are the kind of things I need I think http://www.powerbrixx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=427
    I had them in an old case and they worked well by holding the drives in place...

Advertisement