Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasound back on campus

Options
  • 08-04-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Ultrasound appear to be up to their old tricks (by which I mean posing as a student society in order to book theatres in Arts).
    They're screening a film on Thursday.

For those of you too young to remeber what happened in '05 here's the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054852328

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Who are the coolest people in a Hospitlal?

The Ultrasound .

Is this going ahead. I think I might mosey on. I know of one other non UCD group which organised a meeting in a Theater in the Arts Block a few weeks ago. Is this policy? So therefore one cant stop a Pro-Life non UCD group getting rooms if the precedent is for other non UCD groups getting a Theater.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Isn't there a Life society in UCD?

Can they not simply team up with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote: »
    Is this going ahead. I think I might mosey on. I know of one other non UCD group which organised a meeting in a Theater in the Arts Block a few weeks ago. Is this policy? So therefore one cant stop a Pro-Life non UCD group getting rooms if the precedent is for other non UCD groups getting a Theater.
    There are completely different proceedures and last time ultrasound got turfed out of the arts block because they'd posed as a student society to make the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

What society did they pose as??

And answer your PMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I got a email about that. The film they're showing is 'Bella' I think. Although the email was sent using the society's mailing list, it seems to have been sent in personal capacity as it didn't use the society's email address in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

What society did they pose as??

And answer your PMs.

Afaik they just claimed that Ultrasound was a registered student society, which is wasn't at the time and afaik is not at the moment

First I have heard of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Grimes wrote: »
    Who are the coolest people in a Hospitlal?

The Ultrasound .

Hey stop giving one of our few radiography jokes to other people!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Don't remember this at all, then again I was only a young'un. I probably walked by all the fuss with my head stuck in a map of campus. Who are they posing as this time does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Ultrasound would be great band name. Or at least a cheesy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Tom65 wrote: »
    Maybe they want to play at the UCD Ball ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Breezer wrote: »
    Maybe they want to play at the UCD Ball ;)

Definitely

They're not just pro-life, they're pro-rock.

pro-shit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tom65 wrote: »
    I thought thats what they were when I saw the title

Advertisement