Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Webpage loading problem

• 08-04-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Lads before I wipe my system and re-install XP maybe someone can suggest whats wrong with my OS. When I go into my favourites and click on sites like my Gmail they load to a blank page. I have also tried to manually put it into the URL bar but get the same affect. I also use LogMein to connect to another pc and when I logon to the site to connect to the pc its not there any more. I have tried the basics of clearing my cookies and temp internet files but no joy. Is there any program I can run to see if something is screwed up

Cheers

Not sure if it has a hole lot to do with it but when you log into a site it will normally forward you on, where as I now have to click on the link "if your browser does not automatically direct you "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,959 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perhaps a port issue?

Anyone tinkering around with your internet options as of late?

Make sure that the network button in your taskbar (next to the clock) shows you as being connected to the internet, and not just local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Can connect to the Interet alright OH but cannot get certain sites to load. Boards loads but I dont get the options on the top of the page for the different sections when you run your mouse over them

Script Blocking.

I can replicate the error when I tell NoScript to block boards.ie; then it doesnt allow the navigation bar or quickpost to operate.

Check your security settings to make sure scripts are allowed to run.

Thanks for that OH seems to have sorted my Gmail login problems. I went to Tools/internet options/security/reset all zones to default level, which put it at medium-high. Still not seeing options at the top of boards or able to see pc's on logmein. By me doing what I did above would that allow scripts to run or do I need to do something else?

Cheers

Have you tried using a different browser as well, like firefox or opera?

• Advertisement

Nope not yet but will do. IF it turns out to be Explorer7 thats at fault can you reinstall it on it own?

Cheers big fella, seems to have done the job;) I installed Opera in the end

You cant reinstall IE7 on its own, no. Should be able to reset all of its settings to default but theres no 100% guarantee it wasnt affected by some piece of adware/malware.

Havent tried Opera but FF has treated me well. Enjoy that.

Advertisement