Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local authority pre-tenancy course

Options
  • 08-04-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Has anyone been to a pre tenancy course for a local authority house. If so I would like to know what is covered so I can do some research fro someone who will be going to such a house after attending the ptc. I understand they cover fire safety and have got the fore safety booklet from the Dept Environment. It would be a help if I could find out all the ptc covers to get some info beforehand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

Has anyone been to a pre tenancy course for a local authority house. If so I would like to know what is covered so I can do some research fro someone who will be going to such a house after attending the ptc. I understand they cover fire safety and have got the fore safety booklet from the Dept Environment. It would be a help if I could find out all the ptc covers to get some info beforehand

I know I got a letter from them a while back saying I would have to attend a 2 halfday course, before i get my house.
    Seemed weird, what a course about how to live in a house??
    Sorry but I haven't a clue about whats involved in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

I know I got a letter from them a while back saying I would have to attend a 2 halfday course, before i get my house.
    Seemed weird, what a course about how to live in a house??
    Sorry but I haven't a clue about whats involved in it
    I think it is about knowing your rights responsibilities, fire safety etc but I do not know specifics. some say it is a way to cover themselves legally if there was a fire they can say "we told them about the smoke alarms etc". you can get a fire safety PDF on nthe Dept Environment site. Thanks or your reply

EDIT See page 8 at http://www.limerick.ie/OurServices/Housing/HousingPublications/TenantsHandbook/Thefile,265,en.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

I got email notification of a reply today but the reply is not here and not a PM?

Advertisement