Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Query!

Options
  • 08-04-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi there.

Just a quick one before I call an electrician!

Our oven (Gourmet Pride) switches on ok, the fan comes on, but it just isn't heating up. (Grill is working fine).

I'm guessing that maybe the element for the oven isn't working, but thought I'd see if anyone else came across this problem?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 decokiernan

Without trying to be condescending, you are setting the temperature when you turn it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Sounds like the element needs replacing. Mine went a month ago, i went to Bray Town Electrics (opposite Macdonalds) who got a replacement for me the following day.
    If fitting yourself, please turn off oven at the wall switch and on fusebox, it was easy enough though. Unscrew the back panel inside the oven, then unscrew the element, then pull the element away from each of the 3 clips. To fit the replacement, follow above in reverse.
    Good luck, otherwise you should find an electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

Yes, I did set the temperature!!

That's great Markest, will definitely try to replace the element first and see how I get on.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

Hi

If you have problems fitting the element, the service agents for Gourmets Pride is a company called KAL.They are very helpful and had an engineer out to me the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Hi Folks,

Had the same issue today so decided to try fix myself as the warranty on the oven expired a whle back,picked up the new element in Town Electrics (€35),
    Anyway the new element does not have an earth plug on it so the guy in electrical shop mentioned to earth it around the screw plate which I have done.

My question is that if this managed to pull away am I looking at a short on the cooker or a shock :eek:

I have it pretty secure on the plate and there where 2 earths, any info is much appreciated.

Cheers

Earlsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

The shop in Bray must have been busy today Earlsie! Had the very same issue and got one today. Problem with the earth ok, I stripped the wires and wrapped the two into each of the bracket holes and screwed the screws back in. I think it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Has anyone replaced the bulb in the oven? I've removed the bulb cover but there is absolutely no movement in the bulb itself. Can anyone tell me if its a screw bulb or a 'push and turn' bulb?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

The last one I did was a acrew in type. I bought a replacement bulb in Bradys hardware. Oven bulbs are a special type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Longst

Does anyone know of where I can get an element for the oven part of a Gourmet Pride Cooker? Seems that they went into liquidation last year and have trouble trying to source a new element. Grill is working fine - Oven element is what I need? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Longst wrote: »
    Does anyone know of where I can get an element for the oven part of a Gourmet Pride Cooker? Seems that they went into liquidation last year and have trouble trying to source a new element. Grill is working fine - Oven element is what I need? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Company Name :
    CHARLIE SHIELS LTD
    Address :
    Units 3 and 4 Goldenbridge Ind Est, Inchicore Dublin 8 Dublin -IRELAND
    Phone :
    +353 (1) 454 58 44
    Fax :
    +353 (1) 454 58 45
    This company supplies almost every spare part for all electrical goods.
    They have a stores at above shop address.
    Worth a phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

Longst wrote: »

You can pick one up in the little electrical shop in bray opposite mcdonalds

Advertisement