Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Can Make Uwe Boll Stop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

No 108735

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

109939..wow its going up quick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can we sign multiple times?

i assume the track your ip.

it's be worth going into college and logging into all the computers and signing the partition, he needs to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

110208 here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Surely the video game films just need better funding?

Edit:110436.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

i remember reading before that Uwe made similair amounts of money regardless of whether his movie was successful or not. Id say computer game movies have a lot of potential if they are handled by someone who has creative or inventive directorial skills - this guy is just a sap who buys a license with a lot of creative "lean" and runs it into the ground - Bloodrayne for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

never, Uwe Boll is a creative visionary, his films just aren't for the 'critics'

Philistines the lot of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I for one think he should keep at it. Bloodrayne was surprisingly enjoyable, in a "so bad that it's actually good" kind of way..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It had a gratuitous lesbian scene in it, I'm not surprised tman liked it :P

I signed the petition. I just hope it stops him making the castlevania movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

But Farcry looks excellent???

I signed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It had a gratuitous lesbian scene in it, I'm not surprised tman liked it :P

I signed the petition. I just hope it stops him making the castlevania movie.
    Please tell me Iga knows & is not letting him make the Castlevania movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

L31mr0d wrote: »
    But Farcry looks excellent???I signed ;)

He's responsible for Farcry!!! :mad:

signed 129621

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Best way to get him to quit is to challenge him to a boxing match. I hear he has a penchant for those kind of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

130394. God I hope this works :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

signed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Seen this on another forum so Im just going to copy paste my response here:

Despite his films being absolute bollox, I have a huge amount of respect for the guy, he really gets the most awful slagging ever seen and he takes it all with a smile on his face. He even let some of his biggest critics have a boxing match with him! That sort of thing takes a lot of balls.

The thing is, if a million people sign it, I'd put good money on it that he would actually stop making films, but I wont be one of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kinetic^ wrote: »

OH. DEAR. LORD

Does this guy live in a computer game? because he clearly isn't living in the same world as me if he thinks his movies are GENIUS??? and its not like he compared himself to good directors? I mean Micheal Bay? You could compare Chris Crocker to Micheal Bay and he'd look like a genius in writing and directorial skills :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also does it not grind anybody elses gears that he keeps pronouncing his name "UBER BALL"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

LOL "i am not a ****ing retard making the same ****ty movies over and over again". O RLY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I really don't see what the problem with Uwe Boll is. I know he makes terrible movies which bear the same name of games which some people like but seriously, all you have to do is not watch them. Simple as that. They won't affect you in any way.

On a seperate note, online petitions have never achieved anything. And never will. To save myself the hassle of having to type much more here's a link which explains why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh Jesus he just referred to himself as a genius twice in the space of a one minute video...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I really don't see what the problem with Uwe Boll is. I know he makes terrible movies which bear the same name of games which some people like but seriously, all you have to do is not watch them. Simple as that. They won't affect you in any way.

On a seperate note, online petitions have never achieved anything. And never will. To save myself the hassle of having to type much more here's a link which explains why.

Of course they affect us, how many game IPs has he now ruined, and as a result we will never see a proper version of?

yes, that would be true where it not for the fact the Uwe Boll himself has agreed that if the petition reachs 1 million that he will stop making movies. He is so far up his own ass that he thinks nobody could be stupid enough to not like his movies inspired by genius :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

+1

if he annoys people so much, just don't watch his films.

I will also state that terrible films based on games where around long before him, and will probably be around long after he's gone...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pugsley wrote: »
    . He even let some of his biggest critics have a boxing match with him! That sort of thing takes a lot of balls.
    Not really , Afaik he used to Box previously (as an amateur but still), so he'd be fairly secure in the knowledge that he'd be able to beat seven shades out of the "never been in a ring in their life" critics.

Look he doesn't make movies.
    He engineers tax break investment schemes which use Germany's tax laws .There may be something on celluloid at the end of these investments , but any resemblance to a movie is purely coincidental
    http://www.cinemablend.com/features/Uwe-Boll-Money-For-Nothing-209.html

I've nothing against the guy other than as a gamer I get a bit pissed off when he uses the names of some decent games in his sche...i mean movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Petitions solve nothing.

Now, an incited angry mob with torches and trebuchets on the other hand....

mcgovern wrote: »
    Of course they affect us, how many game IPs has he now ruined, and as a result we will never see a proper version of?

This has less to do with Uwe Boll and more to do with the fact that very few games would make good films, no matter who was directing them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

We're as much to blame as Boll tbh; he's a self-promoting twit, whose stunts and inflammatory remarks do nothing but stir up the very demographic he's chasing; the gamers and the netizins. I mean his rants aimed at Spielberg, Michael Bay and so on are nothing but pure pandering. We really would be better off if we stopped listening to him, news feeds stopped reporting his deeds, and then he'll become as irrelevant as he should be.

po0k wrote: »
    Petitions solve nothing.

Now, an incited angry mob with torches and trebuchets on the other hand....

Generals_Angry_Mob.jpg

AK-47's for everybody!

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    We're as much to blame as Boll tbh; he's a self-promoting twit, whose stunts and inflammatory remarks do nothing but stir up the very demographic he's chasing; the gamers and the netizins. I mean his rants aimed at Spielberg, Michael Bay and so on are nothing but pure pandering. We really would be better off if we stopped listening to him, news feeds stopped reporting his deeds, and then he'll become as irrelevant as he should be.

I love the irony of this post :rolleyes:

Advertisement