Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Fitness Log - Breaking through 'the wall'!

Options
  • 08-04-2008 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello All,

I'm 25, 5'11" and have over the last few years (since I stopped playing sports properly) put on some weight (was up to 14.5 stone). About 18 months ago I started training with weights and have been at it periodically since.

Since Christmas I started getting serious and managed to lose 8kg and reduced my body fat from approx 28% to approx 16%. However, with Easter and a few family occasions I went off the rails and put most of it back on.

Anyways, enough background, it's time to start looking forward! So over the coming weeks and months I'm going to try and post here as regularly as possible, with my diet and exercise regime and hopefully a few photos.

Attached are two photos of me taken this week (front and back).

Goals: (Lose Fat and Gain Muscle)
    • Weight - 80 kg (don't mind what weight I am, bodyfat will be most important)
    • Bodyfat - 12.5% (as I've been told that it's at approximately at this percentage that sixpack is 'visible')
    • Timeframe - 8 weeks
    Current Stats:
    • Height - 5'11"
    • Weight - 86kg
    • Bodyfat - 20%
    Exercise Regime:
    • 3 x Cardio sessions (Mon, Wed & Fri) - approx 45mins high intensity
    • 3 x Weights split (Tue, Thur & Sat) - Chest/Back, Biceps/Triceps & Shoulders/Legs
    • I have also started playing in a weekly soccer league on Astro and will be playing every wed for 1 hour
    • I will also be doing some additional cardio sessions twice a week (hopefully) - approx 30 mins of interval sprints, 6/8 X 200m (1 min rest) followed by 4/5 x 70m (1 min rest)
    Diet:
    • Not good..surprise, surprise...
    • I can be very good and I can be very very bad. If I go off the rails I go off the rails big time, one square of chocolate can turn into a packet of chocolate fingers, few bags of taytos, few cans of cider etc etc..controlling my urges and appetite is challenge number one.
    • I have been trying to keep to 6 good days a week with one day at weekends as my 'bad day' - this hasn't worked so well (as per the photos!). One bad day turns into a bad weekend...
    • So I will be focusing on diet as that is my Achilles heel.
    PS - This is the plan I am going to follow, if anyone has any suggestions, hints tips etc, please let me know. Don't want to be wasting my time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 munster_exile

Just finished a cardio session this morning.

Type: Exercise bike
    Time: 40 mins on an interval program
    Calories: ~540

Also did 7/8 mins stretching and approx 8 mins of situps on incline bench (varying the type of situp) 3 x 40 reps, then 3 sets of lying on flat bench with legs out straight and raised above horizontal slightly for 30 seconds each. I find this very good for lower abs.

I was told not to eat before doing a morning cardio session, so I don't. But if I'm on a weights day then I'll have my weetabix before I go to the gym.

Advertisement