Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being targetted by a moderator?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Xavi6th wrote: »
    Shit call tbh

I dunno, just something about you reminds me of him....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

PSI wrote: »
    I don't care, it's a hobby.

Mind you, you have been quiet in soccer since Irishbird got access....

i only got access cos you seem to mention me in every post in the "off topic thread", I am not interested in you okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Ibid wrote: »
    Extremely high if you're in the right. Extremely low if you're not.

I say this as someone who, before being made a mod, had a fairly large fight with a mod and was supported in a Feedback thread made about it.

Judging by the first half dozen replies here the impression isn't that good tbh. Take a look at the language used by the posters. They're practically scoffing which implies they've already made their mind up yet have heard nothing on the issue.
    Appearances mean a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Judging by the first half dozen replies here the impression isn't that good tbh. Take a look at the language used by the posters. They're practically scoffing which implies they've already made their mind up yet have heard nothing on the issue.
    Appearances mean a lot
    I wouldn't say "scoffing", but the lack of information supplied by the OP doesn't lend must credibility to his claims.

The fact that he further goes on to claim that there's no point in asking other mods for help only adds further suspicion - why bother asking for help and then telling the people who offer, "I don't trust you to help me"?

Both Ruu and WWM have directly offered to help and the possibility of asking Smods/Cmods is always on the table. So he's being listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

DesF wrote: »
    I'm the target of mod abuse all the time.

And I'm a mod.

The horror of it.

hey I am currently under a mod attack aswell and hell anyone who tries to side with me is being threatened, It's sad what boards has come to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I too have had some harrowing experiences with a mod. I would love to elaborate further but frankly I fear for my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Salad Boy wrote: »
    hey I am currently under a mod attack aswell and hell anyone who tries to side with me is being threatened, It's sad what boards has come to
    Totally justified. ;)

see even one of the other mods from the other forums that I frequent is coming in on the personal attack of me.

Down with this sort of thing I say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

smashey wrote: »
    Totally justified. ;)
    Salad Boy wrote:
    see even one of the other mods from the other forums that I frequent is coming in on the personal attack of me.

Down with this sort of thing I say

Oh, I thought smashey was the one picking on you. Someone else is it? Go on, name names.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Seamus touched my special place. I have photos, videos and my own "I got raped" perfume line. Website coming soon;

www.igotabusedbyaSmod.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Oh, I thought smashey was the one picking on you.
    Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

PM me and I will look into it

Thanks for that WWM - I have now been blocked from the Sligo forum for calling said moderator a jackass and a moron - all of which may be true but I shouldn't have allowed him to provoke me just so he achieve his goal of blocking me.

I would just like to point out that I have never had any problem on any forum in all the time I have been on here apart from with this moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Not sure, but at a guess I'd say he's talking about the locked thread in the Sligo forum about football supporters clubs. A few people went off topic and he was the only one who got pulled up on it. Though there may have been personal abuse in there that was taken out afterwards. Like I said, just a guess.

I'm crap at computers so I bet this won't work but here's my attempt at a link!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055268681&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Ah, three minutes too late!

Oh, I thought smashey was the one picking on you. Someone else is it? Go on, name names.

now I am hardly going to tell you in a public forum what Tom Dunne is doing

oooooppppps did I sat that out loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Leeby wrote: »
    Not sure, but at a guess I'd say he's talking about the locked thread in the Sligo forum about football supporters clubs. A few people went off topic and he was the only one who got pulled up on it. Though there may have been personal abuse in there that was taken out afterwards. Like I said, just a guess.

I'm crap at computers so I bet this won't work but here's my attempt at a link!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055268681&page=2

If that is not baiting the poster, I do not know what is.

Why was this poster honed in on?
    The Mod was off topic themself. This was even pointed out to them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Post 31 took it back on topic and all was well. sligobhoy67 brought it back off topic by questioning the mod despite muffler asking for people to take it to PM or FeedBack if they have a problem in post 30.

Fair ban imo.

Now sligobhoy67 if you think muffler is following you around can you post other examples coz the above one seems like a good call by the mod.

Smods have access to deleted posts.

Sligobhoy went way off-topic, then abused the moderator when the moderator asked people to stay on topic.

There's not really any case here.

Seamus touched my special place.
    I've asked you to stop sending love notes to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just to coin in on this.

sligobhoy67 has been causing nothing but problems on the Sligo forum... and it's about time he was banned.

He wrote muffler one or two PM's in which muffler forgot to reply to and felt like bringing that up on every occassion he could. He commented in a thread (Sligo Forum Rocks!) that the moderators think they are Gods and that the forum is over-moderated.

Myself and muffler were thinking of taking a stricter stance on off-topic posting (as it's one of the main problems in the forum) and I posted a thread asking for feedback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253637.

We eventually decided that we wouldn't take a stricter stance in banning users (unless it was REALLY necessary) but if we say 'back on topic!', it should be adhered to. Not too much to ask. We have said we don't mind an off-topic post here and there but when a conversation is derailed, we need to get it back on topic.

So sligobhoy67 seemed to take offence to this and on numerous occassions.. if someone posted slightly off-topic, he's reply just to say "Off-topic.. they should be banned! LOL!"

The guy just seems out to give both myself and muffler a hard time and more work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

When people question a moderator's decision on-thread either directly or by making constant snide remarks, it is very frustrating. Do they think it's going to improve their case? How can they not see it's only going to make things worse for them? It's kinda like during a soccer game when the referee/linesman makes a decision and then the players run up to him and have a hissy fit. But at least there is the Feedback/Helpdesk/PM facility here.

And also, it's only done to moderators whom posters feel are/might be a soft touch rather than the "tougher" ones, which is very childish.

I infracted a bunch of people a couple of weeks ago for racist remarks and every one of them apologised instead of the usual whinge-ing. Immediately all posters went up in my estimation. If you feel wronged by a moderator, I can't see why it's so unfathomable to send them a reasonably written personal message outlining why you feel hard done by. And if that isn't responded to, start a similarly worded thread in Feedback, Helpdesk, or send a PM to one of the SMods/CMods/Admins. The options are numerous - just take a deep breath when you feel the need to go on a rant (hell, if I can, anyone can! ;)) and choose one of the above instead. It'll serve you better in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

surely this is the point where tha gopher and snyper appear and pass some remark about moderators?

they usually jump on any moderator bashing bandwagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

surely this is the point where tha gopher and snyper appear and pass some remark about moderators?

Snyper? :confused:

You sure you have the right nick, WWM?

Snyper tended to spam every Feedback thread with lolcats and bad jokes (yeah, I know I can't throw stones on the subject of bad jokes!) ... but he was far from a consistent fite-teh-powah merchant.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fecking mods. All corrupt I tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

basquille wrote: »
    Just to coin in on this.

sligobhoy67 has been causing nothing but problems on the Sligo forum... and it's about time he was banned.

He wrote muffler one or two PM's in which muffler forgot to reply to and felt like bringing that up on every occassion he could. He commented in a thread (Sligo Forum Rocks!) that the moderators think they are Gods and that the forum is over-moderated.

Myself and muffler were thinking of taking a stricter stance on off-topic posting (as it's one of the main problems in the forum) and I posted a thread asking for feedback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253637.

We eventually decided that we wouldn't take a stricter stance in banning users (unless it was REALLY necessary) but if we say 'back on topic!', it should be adhered to. Not too much to ask. We have said we don't mind an off-topic post here and there but when a conversation is derailed, we need to get it back on topic.

So sligobhoy67 seemed to take offence to this and on numerous occassions.. if someone posted slightly off-topic, he's reply just to say "Off-topic.. they should be banned! LOL!"

The guy just seems out to give both myself and muffler a hard time and more work.

Well thats just backseat modding. If not failing to see the report button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

AFAIK Snyper is banned from Feedback by DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hagar wrote: »
    AFAIK Snyper is banned from Feedback by DeV.
    zomg, being targetted by an ADMIN?

It just gets worser and worser tbh.

baords sux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

Since I questioned the methods of a certain moderator I feel I have been unfairly targetted by the said moderator.

I get the impression that s/he is bullying me and trying to have me banned.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Funny you should say that - the same thing is happening to me, but ALL the mods are after me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

Sully wrote: »
    Fecking mods. All corrupt I tell ya.

When one is given authority - it can go to thier head:rolleyes:

Lok at our Garda Chick O Lone E - when they put on their little "Blueshirts" they think they are Gods gift to women :eek:

When someone here gets the little "mod" thingy below their highly educated sounding nick they are immediately elevated to the "elite" in the online community - hah - what a joke, really :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think I will change my user name to "The Hitman" after this. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement