Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being targetted by a moderator?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

muffler wrote: »
    I think I will change my user name to "The Hitman" after this. ;)
    Will you be running auditions for a "Her"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

DesF wrote: »
    Will you be running auditions for a "Her"?

Sounds like you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sounds like you're interested.
    There are plenty of actual ladies on Boards who I'm sure would love a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    I think I will change my user name to "The Hitman" after this. ;)
    Heh...
    hitman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

DesF wrote: »
    There are plenty of actual ladies on Boards who I'm sure would love a go.
    Im up for a tango :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

smashey wrote: »
    Heh...
    hitman.jpg

quality itv programming for 3:30am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Herr muffler strikes again!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah... memories of being 14/15 and sneaking in after the disco, tipsy after two cans and wondering where to hide the remainder of my ten John Player Blue and how to hide the hickey on my neck. :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I remember it well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. I take it back!

After seeing this thread, the Sligo forum isn't nearly as bad for going off-topic! :D

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Christ.. I take it back!

After seeing this thread, the Sligo forum isn't nearly as bad for going off-topic! :D
    You'd better get your ass over there basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Christ.. I take it back!

1752dbe4542f9c26b2a839494938e658.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

seamus wrote: »
    Smods have access to deleted posts.

Sligobhoy went way off-topic, then abused the moderator when the moderator asked people to stay on topic.

There's not really any case here.

to be fair that is possibly the most slanted view you could take of the issue.

The day before Muffler sent be a PM basically saying he was out to get me.

The next day I reply to a post on the thread with a perfectly intelligent post (unlike the drivel that Muffler had been posting on the same thread) and I receive an infraction -where is the equitability there? it was direct baiting by muffler and an abuse of his position as a moderator.

My post was deleted for being "off topic" - why wasnt the original post that I was replying to deleted or any of the other replies to the same post? No of the other posts were deleted except mine - for where I was standing it was blatant singling out and targetting

Just to coin in on this.

sligobhoy67 has been causing nothing but problems on the Sligo forum... and it's about time he was banned.

He wrote muffler one or two PM's in which muffler forgot to reply to and felt like bringing that up on every occassion he could. He commented in a thread (Sligo Forum Rocks!) that the moderators think they are Gods and that the forum is over-moderated.

Myself and muffler were thinking of taking a stricter stance on off-topic posting (as it's one of the main problems in the forum) and I posted a thread asking for feedback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253637.

We eventually decided that we wouldn't take a stricter stance in banning users (unless it was REALLY necessary) but if we say 'back on topic!', it should be adhered to. Not too much to ask. We have said we don't mind an off-topic post here and there but when a conversation is derailed, we need to get it back on topic.

So sligobhoy67 seemed to take offence to this and on numerous occassions.. if someone posted slightly off-topic, he's reply just to say "Off-topic.. they should be banned! LOL!"

The guy just seems out to give both myself and muffler a hard time and more work.

care to list all of this "trouble" that I had been causing except to question mufflers modding methods? Or to explain why I have never had an issue on any other board in all the time I have been on here until I sent muffler a PM two weeks ago criticising him for talking over a month to reply to PMs - strange coincidence that within the following week I had received two infractions and a banning from the Sligo board within the two weeks following that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The day before Muffler sent be a PM basically saying he was out to get me.

Forward it to an Smod?

care to list all of this "trouble" that I had been causing except to question mufflers modding methods?

But you question them on the forum and thats against the rules. Surprising that you only take it to feedback when you get a ban? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

Please let me back in ;)

zebrarose1vc6.jpg

Pretty please ;););)

IMG_1980.jpg

Pretty pretty please ;);););););)

worm1c1su4.gif

worm1c1su4.gif

worm1c1su4.gif

6th wrote: »
    Forward it to an Smod?
    Yes I am happy enough with that suggestion.

Sligobhoy67 you have my consent to forward any or all of the PMs I sent you to any of the SMods. Please also include your own. If you havent got them then I still have the whole sheebang here if they are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

But you question them on the forum and thats against the rules. Surprising that you only take it to feedback when you get a ban? ;)
    Not the first time he's done it either..

The original post in the thread:
    Sligo Forum Rocks!
    40 viewers now!!

It that our personal best?

EDIT - 44 now.... I wonder does it have something to do with the Dogging in Sligo thread.. oh well..

And sligobhoy67's contributions (in order):
    does this forum rock? no not really! moderators think they are God's

*turns and walks away*slams door*sulks in a corner*remembers why he cant stand people from Donegal*vows never to return (but problably will)*

And replying to smashey's post:
    smashey wrote:
    Huffy much?

Not really, only when I have to deal with irrational, dismissive and unaccountable individuals!

In fact I dont think I have ever had a issue with anyone at all on boards.ie with the except from on the sligo forum - its seems here that you either tow the party line or get threatened with having your account blocked. I think thats a disgraceful way to treat people tbh.

In my opinion this forum is over moderated - its been complained about on several occasions but it still goes on - seven locked threads on the page alone are testiment to that.

Am I the only one that thinks like this, maybe I am - maybe others are but are just too afraid to voice their opinion for fear of having there account blocked - but then again I am probably making too much of it of a minor issue.

And replying to Gillie (Gillie's point about "seven threads of pure shi*e" was addressed.. it was April Fool's day and we had a bit of fun with everyones moderator status. Those threads were then locked when the fun was over):
    Gillie wrote:
    Seven threads of pure sh*te though! We have After Hours for that Muck!
    I like a bit of craic and all that but some of the last few threads have been rubbish!
    I'm not saying they wernt sh*te - I am just using it an example. I post regularly on a few different boards and this is the only one that always has thread locked or the ones with threads open have warnings on them and this is the only forum where I genuinely feel that the moderator would blocked your account just because s/he was in a bad mood that day - and then if you query him/her you dont ever get a genuine reply if you get a reply at all.

And on starbelgrade's defence of our moderation:
    Not true. I have queried both mods here & received genuine replies. You're part of the problem - you're posting completely off topic. This is one of the reasons threads get locked. I don't always agree with the mods (you can't always agree 100% with anyone 100% of the time), but if you've problems with how the forum is moderated, there are means & ways to make your voice heard without being banned or having threads locked (which I'm sure this one will soon be).
    Fun because I thought you were more of a problem actually - I would love to know how many of my posts have been "off topic" - I would say very little and that in the year or so that I have been posting here I would have caused little or no disruption. Infact I limited my posting on this forum because I feel uncomfortable posting here because of the level of moderation.

Also you cant say "not true" - you can say "that's not true in my case" but not "not true" - I have had one PM go unanswered for over a month and when I raised the issue as to why it was ignored I was basically told to go away. Plain and simple Muffler uses bully boy tactics - its either shut up and do as s/he says or find another forum - and it shouldn't be like that.

I know the knives will be out for me know but I thinks its got to be said.

(thats my last word on the issue)
    So that was a thread completely derailed and use to vent his personal frustrations with the way we moderate.

and then if you query him/her you dont ever get a genuine reply if you get a reply at all.
    Then you bring your problem to the help desk and not the threads in the forum.

A couple of things that basquille forgot to post was that this innocent chappie decided to troll his way over to a thread discussing famous Sligo people and post this
    careful - thats off topic - mufflator will have you for that!

When he got no response to that he went back to the thread where someone was looking for a Chelsea Supporters club in Sligo and he posted this:
    Of course Chelsea havent got links with Rangers! - http://nominated.homestead.com/BLUESBROTHERS.HTML

In Britain only there hasnt really been a sectarian issue outside of Scotland with the notable exception of Liverpool - which is no great surprise as it had a large amount of immigrantion from both communities - historically Liverpool were associated with the Protestant community and Everton with the Catholic. However, this hasnt really been a factor since the 1960's and as soccer in Ireland didnt really have wide appeal until after that then it didnt become an issue with their support in Ireland. On the other hand Chelsea have always maintained a large "uber-British" right wing support connected with hooliganism, the BNP, Combat 18 etc which anti essential but not exclusively anti-Irish organisation and this has been one of the reason why Chelsea have not attracted wide in Ireland even in soccer playing towns like Sligo and Waterford - hence the limited number of supporters clubs.

As for "the Kop" meaning "King over Pope" thats a joke. Most football stadiums developed around the turn of the century - about the time the Boer war was raging in South Africa - one of the most famous battles in that war was the Battle of Spion Kop - in which I think the British forces defended a large mound or hill - this looked similar to the mounds that were created for spectators to watch matches from - hence the where named "the Kop" and its not just Liverpool that has a Kop I think Sheffield (not sure which one) were the first with a terrace called "the Kop"
    That post was deleted for being off topic but he defiantly reposted it.

Then he posts this classic
    You are without doubt the biggest jackass and self absorbed moron I have even encountered in cyberspace - get a life!

I was called worse than that in his PMs so yes sligobhoy forward all your PMs to an SMod please.

Seems like a dick, perm ban him from the Catagory.

Seems like a dick, perm ban him from the Catagory.
    Great minds think alike 6th. He is forum banned permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Does this guy need a shovel to dig himself further into that hole, or has he hit rock bottom by now?

Does this guy need a shovel to dig himself further into that hole, or has he hit rock bottom by now?
    Soon to be appearing in Australia :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Alert WWM to arrange a welcoming committee! :D

1. it would possibly have been prudent to point out that rule to me before banning me

2. I was banned AFTER I start this thread! ;)

• Advertisement

1. it would possibly have been prudent to point out that rule to me before banning me
    If you ruin the forum for other users what did you expect to happen?
    2. I was banned AFTER I start this thread! ;)
    You were banned for the reasons given above by the Sligo forum mods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement