Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being targetted by a moderator?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

muffler wrote: »
    A couple of things that basquille forgot to post was that this innocent chappie decided to troll his way over to a thread discussing famous Sligo people and post this .

When he got no response to that he went back to the thread where someone was looking for a Chelsea Supporters club in Sligo and he posted this: That post was deleted for being off topic but he defiantly reposted it.

Then he posts this classic .

I was called worse than that in his PMs so yes sligobhoy forward all your PMs to an SMod please.

Why didnt you post the post that I was replying to? Why didnt you delete the post I was replying to if that was also off topic or any of the other replies that were made to that post? Why did you only target my post? Is it because the day before you did it you threatened to ban me?

Sherifu wrote: »
    If you ruin the forum for other users what did you expect to happen?

You were banned for the reasons given above by the Sligo forum mods.

ruin the forum!? Thats the job of muffler mate!

Fair enough I shouldnt have snapped at muffler because that was exactly what he was trying to get me to do but if you were targetted in such a petty manner by someone then you would understand the frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

1. it would possibly have been prudent to point out that rule to me before banning me
    It was pointed out numerous times to yourself (and others) by both myself and muffler that if you have a problem with a mod, take it to Feedback.

My very last post in the 'Sligo Forum Rocks!' (linked to above) said exactly this. You obviously read it (as you thanked me for the post) so don't bother saying you weren't warned!
    sligobhoy wrote:
    2. I was banned AFTER I start this thread! ;)
    I'm not sure of the timeline.. but you were banned for your childish insults and ignoring a moderators warnings in the 'Supporters Club'. Everyone else can see it, why can't you? You're just being paranoid!

basquille wrote: »
    It was pointed out numerous times to yourself (and others) by both myself and muffler that if you have a problem with a mod, take it to Feedback.

My very last post in the 'Sligo Forum Rocks!' (linked to above) said exactly this. You obviously read it (as you thanked me for the post) so don't bother saying you weren't warned!

I'm not sure of the timeline.. but you were banned for your childish insults and ignoring a moderators warnings in the 'Supporters Club'. Everyone else can see it, why can't you? You're just being paranoid!

I was in discussion with you on the "Sligo Forum Rocks" thread - if that was against the rules you should 1. have told me that there and 2. not discussed the issue there as you knew that that wasnt against the rules.

You may not be sure of the timeline but I am - I was banned from the Sligo forum AFTER I started. I ignored muffler on the supporters club thread because he was ONLY "moderating" my comments.

If anyone is in doubt that I was targetted and provoked then they should go the "supporters club" and read that for proof that muffler was out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I ignored muffler on the supporters club thread because he was ONLY "moderating" my comments.
    So you ignored me by posting this
    You are without doubt the biggest jackass and self absorbed moron I have even encountered in cyberspace - get a life!
    Try telling the truth now. I seen that post only about an hour after I banned you. had I seen it first you would have been banned for that instead. You also seen fit to troll your way to another thread and post a comment I included earlier. You have been a naughty boy.

What you get banned for was a litany of of abusive and piss taking PMs which included this:
    I said you were a **** mod - which I think you have now proven without a doubt.

get a life you petty anal prat!

Im not going to post up the full content of the PMs here but as I said earlier I am more than happy to forward them to any of the SMods. Now I asked you before and this will be the last time - send the PMs to an SMod and put this matter to bed.

I cant make this any clearer - you are permanently banned from the North West and its sub fora. You wont be back. You can moan and groan and lie all you want here. Post the PMs to an Smod. Put up or shut up.

• Advertisement

So you ignored me by posting this Try telling the truth now. I seen that post only about an hour after I banned you. had I seen it first you would have been banned for that instead. You also seen fit to troll your way to another thread and post a comment I included earlier. You have been a naughty boy.

What you get banned for was a litany of of abusive and piss taking PMs which included this:

Im not going to post up the full content of the PMs here but as I said earlier I am more than happy to forward them to any of the SMods. Now I asked you before and this will be the last time - send the PMs to an SMod and put this matter to bed.

I cant make this any clearer - you are permanently banned from the North West and its sub fora. You wont be back. You can moan and groan and lie all you want here. Post the PMs to an Smod. Put up or shut up.

Dont worry - I can live without the North West forum mate - unlike you my life doesnt revolve around it. you seem to really enjoy the power you hold on it. I couldnt care less about the Sligo forum or if I am allowed back on there to post - however, if I can hightlight to the general populus and the mods on here that you abuse your privilages and bully editors who dont kiss your ass then its job done afaiak. I am not the only one who thinks that you are a disgrace and your moderating style is based on laziness and bullying and I have had PM from people saying that they have had the same treatment and experience in dealing with you.

You seem to be happy in taking little snippits from PM, posts and thread to show a slanted view of what has happened I wont do that as I would prefer to send a detailed messege to an SMod with a full explanation of what has gone on

Who is the SMod I should inform?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dont worry - I can live without the North West forum mate - unlike you my life doesnt revolve around it. you seem to really enjoy the power you hold on it. I couldnt care less about the Sligo forum or if I am allowed back on there to post - however, if I can hightlight to the general populus and the mods on here that you abuse your privilages and bully editors who dont kiss your ass then its job done afaiak. I am not the only one who thinks that you are a disgrace and your moderating style is based on laziness and bullying and I have had PM from people saying that they have had the same treatment and experience in dealing with you.

You seem to be happy in taking little snippits from PM, posts and thread to show a slanted view of what has happened I wont do that as I would prefer to send a detailed messege to an SMod with a full explanation of what has gone on

Who is the SMod I should inform?
    Ruu, Beruthiel, Gordon, Seamus would be the more active smods at the moment. Alternatively you can post in the help desk. Only smods or admins can respond there.

Given the pms muffler has says you sent him (you have not once denied you said any of those things so I assume they are true) and given your actions on the forum then I don't think any one could say muffler abused his privilages. You didn't follow moderator instructions to stay on topic and abused said moderator many times via both pm and on thread. If you abused anyone in any of the forums I moderate (not just one of the mods there) I'd ban you too. And given your behaviour and attitude I'm amazed muffler actually put up with you at all especially if what muffler has posted up was only a snippet of the pms you sent him.

Ruu, Beruthiel, Gordon, Seamus would be the more active smods at the moment. Alternatively you can post in the help desk. Only smods or admins can respond there.

Given the pms muffler has says you sent him (you have not once denied you said any of those things so I assume they are true) and given your actions on the forum then I don't think any one could say muffler abused his privilages. You didn't follow moderator instructions to stay on topic and abused said moderator many times via both pm and on thread. If you abused anyone in any of the forums I moderate (not just one of the mods there) I'd ban you too. And given your behaviour and attitude I'm amazed muffler actually put up with you at all especially if what muffler has posted up was only a snippet of the pms you sent him.

all I will say is that most if not all of mufflers snippets of quotes begin half way through each sentence - he has done this to deliberately mislead

p.s. how can the mod tell one person to stay on topic and allow even other editor including himself to go off topic :cool::cool::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Are you going to piss or get off the pot and take the PMs to an SMod, or are you going to continue to bitch here without backing up your assertions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I think I will change my user name to "The Hitman" after this. ;)
    0vq6g1qq64d5bz9m2am.jpg

• Advertisement

Sparky-s wrote: »
    0vq6g1qq64d5bz9m2am.jpg
    Hang on. I refuse to carry out the mission - that's RoundyMooney :rolleyes:

April 8th 2008 – A snapshot of sligobhoy67’s activities on boards.ie

19:02. You post this in a thread
    You are without doubt the biggest jackass and self absorbed moron I have even encountered in cyberspace - get a life!

19:09. You troll your way to a different thread and post this
    careful - thats off topic - mufflator will have you for that!

19:24. You send a PM telling me to
    get a life you petty anal prat!

19:27. You question me in a thread with this
    is that supposed to be on topic?

19:30. You defiantly re-posted a long winded off topic comment which I had deleted (with 2 others) 24 hours earlier and which I had to delete again.

19:38. You now think its time to start a thread claiming you are being targeted by a mod.

19:30. You defiantly re-posted a long winded off topic comment which I had deleted (with 2 others) 24 hours earlier and which I had to delete again.

19:38. You now think its time to start a thread claiming you are being targeted by a mod.
    funny-pictures-kangaroo-punch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hang on. I refuse to carry out the mission - that's RoundyMooney :rolleyes:

e4h4wsxtyl0ly4u8ypay.gif

lol

The resemblance is uncanny, I'll grant you that, Van Winkle ;)

Yes, I still have that image somewhere.

The resemblance is uncanny, I'll grant you that
    Ah. You've been looking in the mirror...again ;)

Why yes.

Here I am with one of my groupies.

hitman-olyphant-talks.jpg

As per usual why dont you post full content of posts or PMs?? snipped here and there and then you have Brian run in and clap you - its like a low budget version of brokeback mountain with you two.

I'm in Sligo at the moment but when I get back to Manchester I'll post my evidence to a SMOD.

Again my aim for doing this not to get back on the Sligo forum I'll leave that you guys as you seem to enjoy it so much but to highlight the tosspot way you run it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm in Sligo at the moment but when I get back to Manchester I'll post my evidence to a SMOD.
    Post? Have you got pics?

then you have Brian run in and clap you - its like a low budget version of brokeback mountain with you two.
    Agreed!

Hey muffler..

956_small.jpg

I'm the lion by the way.. i'm the butch!

PS - you're all fecking talk with this half-snipped PM's and such. You're taking your time posting them to an SMod! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If you've access to boards, you've access to PMs.

All I'm getting from you as an impartial observer is whining without foundation.

"Uh, yeah I've got damning evidence."

"Well produce it then, and put it on the record"

"Well, I don't have it with me NOW..."

Put up or shut up.

basquille wrote: »
    Agreed!

Hey muffler..

956_small.jpg

I'm the lion by the way.. i'm the butch!
    Ah shucks. Can I not be the lion for a change ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As per usual why dont you post full content of posts or PMs?? snipped here and there and then you have Brian run in and clap you - its like a low budget version of brokeback mountain with you two.

Again my aim for doing this not to get back on the Sligo forum I'll leave that you guys as you seem to enjoy it so much but to highlight the tosspot way you run it

Then post the contents of the PMs yourself for us all to see. I don't see why you have to wait until you are back in Manchester to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why can't you post it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Am I being targetted by a moderator?

cough

Then post the contents of the PMs yourself for us all to see. I don't see why you have to wait until you are back in Manchester to do this.

simply because I have written out what I want to say in the correct timeline on a word document that I have saved on my home comp in Manchester and I am not prepared to redo it - I'm back tomorrow so have a little patience. slan

• Registered Users Posts: 83,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

simply because I have written out what I want to say in the correct timeline on a word document that I have saved on my home comp in Manchester and I am not prepared to redo it - I'm back tomorrow so have a little patience. slan

wow. you broke my E-Meter.

Daddy, what's an E-Meter? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, son..

essentially the only thing it can detect is bull****.

• Advertisement

Ah, Sci-fiology!

It's all preclear now ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement