Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being targetted by a moderator?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

muffler wrote: »

Now then...hmmm...who will my next victim be?

Ooh ooh ooh me! Pick me Muffler! I've always wanted my own feedback thread! :D (I'll start my word document asap so I'll have it ready in time!)
    Yes really.

Like I said the information will be sent to an SMod today.

If anyone thinks that I am hear to trouble make I assure you I am not - I am trying to highlight the issue mufflers lazy, draconian and bullying mod style.

Again I have never ever had an issue with anyone on here or even a cross word and if people think I am alone if thinking this then I suggest they read this recent thread on the sligo forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253637

Sligobhoy67 I was just going to post "cop on" but then I was worried you'd start another thread on how I'm bullying you. :(

Yes, there has been a feedback thread about Mufflers moderating before. We did think he was over-moderating the Sligo forum at one time. He has since admitted that he was, due to not having a good knowledge of Sligo. Hence Gillie and then Basquille being asked to moderate the Sligo forum with him. If anything, the link you've posted only proves that Muffler is a well liked mod and that he's alot more relaxed in his moderating since!

Are you being targetted by him? No. I've read all of your posts, looked through all the "evidence" you've posted here and being a regular poster on the Sligo forum I (and Sue btw) have watched you disrupt the forum repeatedly with your silly back seat modding and arguing with the mods in thread. If anything they should have banned you long before they did. They had enough reason to!

You deserve the permanent ban from the Sligo forum. You weren't bringing anything to it. All you did was troll regardless of the amount of times you were warned.

Now could I have my penny please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

takola wrote: »
    Ooh ooh ooh me! Pick me Muffler! I've always wanted my own feedback thread! :D (I'll start my word document asap so I'll have it ready in time!)

Sligobhoy67 I was just going to post "cop on" but then I was worried you'd start another thread on how I'm bullying you. :(

Yes, there has been a feedback thread about Mufflers moderating before. We did think he was over-moderating the Sligo forum at one time. He has since admitted that he was, due to not having a good knowledge of Sligo. Hence Gillie and then Basquille being asked to moderate the Sligo forum with him. If anything, the link you've posted only proves that Muffler is a well liked mod and that he's alot more relaxed in his moderating since!

Are you being targetted by him? No. I've read all of your posts, looked through all the "evidence" you've posted here and being a regular poster on the Sligo forum I (and Sue btw) have watched you disrupt the forum repeatedly with your silly back seat modding and arguing with the mods in thread. If anything they should have banned you long before they did. They had enough reason to!

You deserve the permanent ban from the Sligo forum. You weren't bringing anything to it. All you did was troll regardless of the amount of times you were warned.

Now could I have my penny please?

what utter bull****!

care to give me some examples of disrupting the board prior to recieving my first infraction last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

what utter bull****!

care to give me some examples of disrupting the board prior to recieving my first infraction last week!

I know it's alot to ask that you actually read your own Feedback thread! I mean, when it's so full of "utter bull****" (mostly posted by you) I completely understand why you wouldn't bother reading it! :rolleyes:

So I took the time to highlight the posts you may want to pay attention to here and again here!

I've decided you can keep the penny. Add it to the fund for your therapy. Maybe even start a support group!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm bored with this now. Cheerio!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

what utter bull****!

well for a start besides the ones already mentioned here several times, I sure would like to know what happened here Why do I get the feeling this is the one that set you off ?
    edit: snipped. Reason: closing Pandora's box.

The only peculiar thing besides that is Muffler had to make 2 mod posts just before you to stop other people from personally abusing each other and de-railing an otherwise somber thread.

Over-moderation in the forum? Well... :rolleyes:

Actually, one thing struck me about the peeping tom thread was that there did seem to be a lot of moderator attention. Obviously there was a need for certain censorship as stated in post #2 by Basquille; but I have to concede - Muffler, and Basquille, there's a lot of times in the threads I went over where you simply post "back on topic" or similar. A lot.

I'm no moderator so I can never tell anyone what to do. But before I report a de-railed thread I'll at least make my own stab at bringing it back up to code: I'll mention its gone off-topic, or I'll add to the off topic humour a bit but in the same post I will try and bring it back to topic with a few words about the original subject.

I think by not leading back into the topic it seems to be killing off discussion just to shoot your modgun into the air. Sometimes threads need a bit of a kick to remind themselves what they were supposed to be talking about. Thats all. In fact you are widely called on the state of moderation. In fact that thread is a prime example of a good thread: there is plenty of unmoderated and off-topic posts in it, but there are also plenty of construcive and thoughtful posts as well. It almost represents a very stable equilibrium; though clearly by the pure nature of that thread - theres still a little work to be done.

Sligobhoy67's post in that thread seems quite in place btw and should be stricken from his bad record; it was simply a criticism that may have been colored by whatever exchanges you all have had.

But don't perk your ears up at me Sligobhoy67: you still deserve the ban. There are proper channels (like feedback and the Sligo Feedback Thread) to calmly post your views without resorting to whatever happened in your PMs that you don't want us privy to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Now then sligo boy. It has been 11 days since you made these allegations and I think we would all like to know if you have been vindicated.

Well???

Ah now Muffler... take off Teddi's avatar: thats plagurism!

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah now Muffler... take off Teddi's avatar: thats plagurism!
    Its all to do with mood swings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

muffler wrote: »
    Now then sligo boy. It has been 11 days since you made these allegations and I think we would all like to know if you have been vindicated.

Well???

Wow sligo boy , I see what you did there , hilarious!

gustavo wrote: »
    Wow sligo boy , I see what you did there , hilarious!
    What did he do then and how was it hilarious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

surely this is the point where tha gopher and snyper appear and pass some remark about moderators?

they usually jump on any moderator bashing bandwagon!

Oh darling no, i honestly dont think any differently of mods and and us the great unwashed.

Ive never had a particular problem with any mod, except perhaps your good self, but thats not because you are a mod, more so because of your attitude towards some people including myself.. but in fairness - water.. duck.. back and all that.

In fairness, when i started posting on boards regularly first towards the end of last year i thought terry was an absolute arsehole... turns out now i think he is one of the soundest members/mods on the board..

I dont have any problems with moderators, or any other member...

.. its the internet afterall... real life issues take precident ;)

Terry is an asshole. But what an asshole :D;)

Anyway who let you back into feedback, Snyper? Last I checked you were banned for Serial Lolcatting. And here you are digging up threads (albeit one I enjoyed re-reading)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Overheal wrote: »
    Terry is an asshole. But what an asshole :D;)

Anyway who let you back into feedback, Snyper? Last I checked you were banned for Serial Lolcatting. And here you are digging up threads (albeit one I enjoyed re-reading)

Admin.. but they took my stash of lolcatz :mad:

Ive been reading the thread/poll about lolcat pics.. i think i get the idea now..

Anyhow.. lolocaust is where the funs at ;)

This is feedback.. serious business.. no cats. k? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

snyper wrote: »
    Admin.. but they took my stash of lolcatz :mad:

Ive been reading the thread/poll about lolcat pics.. i think i get the idea now..

Anyhow.. lolocaust is where the funs at ;)

This is feedback.. serious business.. no cats. k? :D
    Snypers alive!!!:eek:
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/The_Not_So_Great_Cat_War

Nerin wrote: »

rofl. I authored that bit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

FYI, bumping an old thread just to get the last word right after you were unbanned is definitely not the way to stay unbanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Faith wrote: »
    FYI, bumping an old thread just to get the last word right after you were unbanned is definitely not the way to stay unbanned.
    heh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

now that muffler is no longer the mod on the sligo forum can I be allowed access to that forum again

now that muffler is no longer the mod on the sligo forum can I be allowed access to that forum again
    Change of mod does not equal change of user status. You are permanently banned from that forum and I cant see that changing.

Now where did all this "evidence" of threats and bullying go to? You made an awful lot of noise in an empty box and where did it get you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, you'd think he'd learn after he cajoled me into unbanning him. Banned again. Two weeks, next time its permanent.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement