Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball / end of term

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hey! Back on topic. I'm going to ignore that personal abuse because you seem to know each other.

Sweet! Nice rule.

You sir are a twat!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Last years MayDay was IMO the most fun event of my time at UCD.

This is essentially the same thing with the exception of being called a "Ball".

At the last event, it wasn't really focused on the music - there weren't any big acts to speak of and though the Coronas played, it was prior to their big take-off.

We played and to be honest, you could've belched the national anthem into the mic and people would've cheered and enjoyed themselves. That's no disrespect to the crowd or to us but it just wasn't that kind of gig.

What I don't get is how everyone seems to be so focused on the line-up this year. I don't think it's any good either, nor was last years on paper but it didnt impact on how good the day was last year and I don't see why it should this year once the sun shines.

Everyone from the likes of us on the toilet stage @ 8am to the last Backlash DJ had a blast last year. Same with all my mates and general students I talked to.

I'm on boards long enough to know better than to come on and defend something I'm part of from a biased POV so that's not my point. I just thought I'd give my slant on it cos it's all pretty one sided on the topic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

So ents are now saying you need your student card to get in? I'm assuming bringing along one non UCD student and signing them in like any other event would be cool, even if they're going to enforce the cards, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Whats the deal with the 'no readmission whatsoever' thing too? What if someone has to leave to meet someone halfway through the gig? I cant really see why they wouldnt just use stamps/wristbands like most things do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It's probably to minimise people nipping out to the offlicence.

• Advertisement

Yeah i figured that but if every other UCD event manages why is this one special? People'll just sneak drink in if they cant go in and out...What if i want to get a hoodie from my car when it gets cold at like 9pm, ugh stupidness. That bit and the 'student card needed' thing are both annoying me, are we not even allowed bring in one guest (who has their own ticket mind you). HMMPH.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Brimmy wrote: »
    So ents are now saying you need your student card to get in? I'm assuming bringing along one non UCD student and signing them in like any other event would be cool, even if they're going to enforce the cards, right?

Where does it say you need your card to get in? I could only find where it said you need a card to collect tickets on the Ents website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

^ Said it in the email they sent out today or yesterday. Seems a bit of a weird rule to enforce though.

Brimmy wrote: »
    ^ Said it in the email they sent out today or yesterday. Seems a bit of a weird rule to enforce though.

Too many shenanigans with non UCD heads at the bars over the year perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think im taking my end of term celebrations off campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Grimes wrote: »

That's great news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Still not welcome in certain establishments on campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm hoping people will take their end of term celebrations in the direction of the secret lake. Just like the good ol' days (a phrase which would work better if I'd been here then).

The Secret Lake aint so secret any more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Yeah, but "Obvious and Well-Known Lake" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sooo...any confirmation on the student card thing from any SU/ents types? Is that actually gonna be enforced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fionngus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJD9u0qLlNY

Any ucd people up for a laugh? Check it out!

Having spammed half the threads in the forum and admitted to being one of the streakers, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a bit desperate for attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

all gone

I now have 18 tickets sitting on my desk, rah :D friday should be goooooooood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

any confirmation on the student cards? what are the bouncers like at these events?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

any confirmation on the student cards? what are the bouncers like at these events?

same as bouncers everywhere - ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fionngus

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Having spammed half the threads in the forum and admitted to being one of the streakers, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a bit desperate for attention...

clearly im just looking for loads of view on youtube to launch my tv career. clearly ur a sad mad bad mouthing innocent streakers

Tom65 wrote: »
    I'm hoping people will take their end of term celebrations in the direction of the s****t l*ke. Just like the good ol' days (a phrase which would work better if I'd been here then).

That better?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

same as bouncers everywhere - ****

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

I am going to this event.. but I am not from UCD. I am a student and will be going with someone from UCD, I assume this is ok?

And.. dresscode, is it just everyday clothes or do people "dress up" for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

JavaBear wrote: »
    I am going to this event.. but I am not from UCD. I am a student and will be going with someone from UCD, I assume this is ok?

And.. dresscode, is it just everyday clothes or do people "dress up" for it

according to the tic, "festival clothing" is required. It is not a black tie event.
    Wear whatever tbh.

MuddyDog wrote: »
    according to the tic, "festival clothing" is required. It is not a black tie event.
    Wear whatever tbh.

Festival clothing being wellies, shorts, damp hoody and BO, presumably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I don't know why I bought a ticket for this last week,but I did.Just found out who some of the acts were today and I sold my ticket soon after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

God damn it fatal, I would have taken that of your hands.

Advertisement