Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball / end of term

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

On the other hand, last year all the crap and glass was ON the pitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

sorry where did the glass come from? they were handing out plastic pints!
    Solitaryman666: I was shocked on Friday at some of the students at this event. Some people had no repect for themselves, other people or anyones property. The security had an awful time trying to calm people down at the bars, so much each bar had to be closed at least twice. I felt very sorry for some girls which I seen getting crushed and pushed into the bar by ignorant, selfish people.

I don't understand why people let themselves get as drunk as some of the people I seen on Friday. I have often gone out and had a celebration and a good time and never was as bad as some of these tossers here.

Apart from a number of gobshítes I thought the event went very well. No matter how much security there was on there was always going to be trouble.

Get off your bloody high horse... can you honestly say you've never just got caught up in a day and had a bit too much to drink? Especially when the event was goin for the whole day! This was peoples last chance to relax before the exams for a day and enjoy themselves with their friends. You literally have no right to condemn people for enjoying themselves, no matter what you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It's his subjective opinion to be honest. While I wasn't there, it sounds like it was one crazy day and night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

It was awesome.

Except for the music, the people (not all) and the queues... somehow I still managed to have a great time. The o2 earphones were a great idea, wish the range was bigger on them though.

"I think this tends to reflect the level of security at it. The basic idea should be to create a good atmosphere, but between the rules of the ball itself (no admittance, had to have student card, bags extensively searched) and the heavy security presence, it just created a bad atmosphere."

I wasn't checked for a student card at all. Bags were searched - shock horror! Rules were fine, they just needed more staff behind the bars.. and maybe more bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spraggs

This post has been deleted.

Have to agree with Simon here, not interested in having an argument with you solitaryman but you sound like an absolute wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Spraggs wrote: »
    Have to agree with Simon here, not interested in having an argument with you solitaryman but you sound like an absolute wanker.
    Infracted.
    Once more and its a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I heard those who were drinking at the UCD ball were responsible for the holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I was there and I don't mind people getting completely wasted, puking, doing whatever they want. But nothing excuses going around like an agro prick. I don't know why anyone on here would be defending that?

On a side note, I saw one terrible thing happen where a guy picked up a girl and was holding her upside down when he fell over and dropped her right on her head. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Personal abuse at the suggestion that there may have been a few out to cause trouble? Solitaryman happens to be right, there were some out for mayhem and nothing else.

@Simon: Plastic pints inside the venue, bottlescansnaggins outside... standard festival protocol was in effect i.e. get as wasted as possible at off-licence prices before going in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Steve.Pseudonym

Personal abuse at the suggestion that there may have been a few out to cause trouble?

I find that odd too, seems that if you suggest that people have a little more self control, or even (shocking though this suggestion may be) drink less, you're a wanker. Alcoholics of the world unite. Or at least try to unite, fail and end up in some sort of hilarious brawl.

Advertisement