Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insured on a 320d? 17 years of age.

Options
  • 08-04-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys, So I was sitting in my car today... saw this georgeos looking yoke.... BMW 320d, Is it possible that that 17 year old was actually insured on that? If so , how much would that cost? I thought insurance would not give insurance for a car like that to a kid like him..:) and what a car it was :( wish I had one haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

haha you can but it would cost losts of money the kid must have rich parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What kind of parents would let a "just passed test" driver in a car with that much power, rear wheel drive and a load of torque (i believe 350Nm of torque?). Madness....although i do wish i had one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

awhir wrote: »
    haha you can but it would cost losts of money the kid must have rich parents.

I'd imagine it was mammy's, and if he had 1 or more older siblings, the cost of naming all of them on the insurance is only about €100 more than insuring the most expensive on their own. Hence people I know being insured on a 740 @19

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

a guy i know is buying a 2002 320D next week, he is 20 and his insurance is cicr 2400 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What kind of parents would let a "just passed test" driver in a car with that much power, rear wheel drive and a load of torque (i believe 350Nm of torque?). Madness....although i do wish i had one:)

The 320d is a fine engine and has a good bit of poke but a 150bhp diesel car is hardly a performance car, but for a 17 year old trying to get insurance on one it will be seen that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement