Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bodum antigua grinder?

• 08-04-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Anyone got one of these? Any use? There's a decent offer on the java republic site where it's only €60, so thought it might be worth a shot at that price!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Hey guys
    Anyone got one of these? Any use? There's a decent offer on the java republic site where it's only €60, so thought it might be worth a shot at that price!

Haven't seen or used. It's a burr grinder so that's a plus.
    Mixed reviews here

I just checked the fora on Too much coffee, seems they're not fans of the Bodum either :(

Remember a good grinder is more important than a good coffee machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks Hermano - had a quick Google and found that site alright. It would be my first foray into grinderville. I've been toying with getting the Iberital for a while but it's just a little too expensive tbh, so I figure this might be a compromise. Also most of the bad reviews tend to say it's not suitable for espresso, but I use a French press, so that might be a plus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Using any grinder at home and grinding your own fresh beans will
    give you better results than buying pre-ground. The problem with
    trying to save on a grinder is you'll find it's a false economy in the
    mid to long term. Are you 100% sure you will never buy an expresso
    machine? I know I went through several cheap grinders before I settled
    on the Iberital MC2, for it's price you'll find it hard to beat. Investing in
    one now means you're half way there if/when you decide to get an
    espresso machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hmm I can't say I'll never buy one, but certainly not in the next 2-3 years, so maybe i'll go for it. Maybe I could even offload the bodum for €20 or so if I do decide to upgrade in a few years to a newbie on boards / adverts :) Will think about it over the next day or so before taking the plunge! Thanks a mill fo rthe advice Hermano :)

Advertisement