Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor party!! help?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am not familiar to these parts of boards but it looks popular enough!

I am 16 years old and was planning a marquee party outside.
    However money is a big problem in organising this event as it is very limited.
    To be helpful all my friends agreed that they would equally enjoy an outdoor party without the marquee. I insist though in having a 30 x 30 dance floor to accomedate 160 people as I do not wish to destroy the garden. I have plenty of space but unforunately no knowledge in organising a party such as this.

So far my costs are:

DJ (fixed) €200
    Dancefloor €450
    Drinks €100

I would like your help in organising such an event and the the places for prices. Also if anyone could think of a way of getting income at such an event too to help contribute to pay for the party would also be helpful.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

DJ_Spider, i'm after asking you several times to please not sell your DJ'ing services on this forum. This is your final warning.

I appreciate what you do and so on but can you not just keep it to your sig and maybe to the Jobs section of adverts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Sorry c - 13, point taken I will back off. OP hope you get sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Its okay anyway... As you see it says fixed after the price on DJ... Its sorted as he one of my mates.

Anyway on topic. Drinks - I'm assuming will be non alcoholic ? What are you trying to do for this alcohol free cocktails or something ?

Dancefloor - I havent a clue to be honest ....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

toco123 wrote: »
    To be helpful all my friends agreed that they would equally enjoy an outdoor party without the marquee.
    Not if it rained on the day, I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Sorry OP I thought you meant the price was fixed ! Have a good day anyway. BTW do we all get an invite?! :pac:

sure... if you can find it!! emmm ya... @syco I agree! I insisted on a marquee but they disagreed
    @c13 drinks are non alcoholic beer somethin like klausthaler

Theres also a nice enough non-alcoholic Erdinger and theres also a non-alcoholic cobra available. The problem with non-alcoholic beers in this country is most times theyre more expensive than the ones with the alohol.

Yes of course it does!!! because they have to remove the alcohol in the process... Its not that its not added.. Thats also why NA beers are not completely alcohol free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Instead of a dancefloor, get an oddment of vinyl floor covering from a carpet place (avoid carpetright!) - the weird colours are cheapest and will probably look best.

Pin it into the ground with stakes.

As for getting money, I suppose the only way is to make a charge for the more unusual drinks such as cocktails (non alcoholic of course!!).

• Advertisement

I was just thinking. Perhaps a plywood dancefloor

Would be handy and cheap enough alright, would it not destroy the grass underneath though with the weight of people on it for hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I saw a large marquee in Woodies, Tralee going for 99euro (display stock). There's also something similar for sale on www.adverts.ie - might be worth a peek if you want a back up plan.
    You could also approach builders suppliers / hardware stores etc etc and ask have they any old pallets they want to get rid off. Bind together and voila, dance floor done!

sounds good!!!

Advertisement