Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro question.

Options
  • 08-04-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

I have a quick question folks. I am currently moving a short distance from my house to a new area which does not have dsl access(despite being connected to an enabled exchange).

I have line of sight propogation to Maynooth for digiweb metro, but my question relates to the coverage. Does the technology operate within a set angular field? Does the service propogate signals in a 360 degree field for example? Bascially, can they point the transmitter in such a direction as to exclude me in terms of coverage despite line of sight:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Some locations are 360 degrees, some 180 and some 90. All depends on the site and the topography. If I recall correctly Maynooth is 180 degree from the ESB site although Id have to double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Chaz wrote: »
    Some locations are 360 degrees, some 180 and some 90. All depends on the site and the topography. If I recall correctly Maynooth is 180 degree from the ESB site although Id have to double check.

Damm...I may be out of luck then I guess.
    The engineer still hasn't called:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Chaz, can you tell me the coverage field for the Navan mast if you can? Thanks.

Chaz, can you tell me the coverage field for the Navan mast if you can? Thanks.

Sector pointing in the general direction towards Johnstown area. This is from the ESB Abbeylands site.

Is there any particular reason for this? I'm 5KM to the north of the town and have an excellent signal from IBB from the same mast. However the IBB service hasn't been the best lately and I would be interested in switching to Metro. There are also lots of estates on that side of the town so surely it would make economic sense for Digiweb to offer it's services there?

• Advertisement

Is there any particular reason for this? I'm 5KM to the north of the town and have an excellent signal from IBB from the same mast. However the IBB service hasn't been the best lately and I would be interested in switching to Metro. There are also lots of estates on that side of the town so surely it would make economic sense for Digiweb to offer it's services there?

Just checked, we cover 180 degrees from there. The sector pointing azimuth 68 degree should be towards your direction?

Chaz I've been trying to work it out using Google Earth but it's not the most scientific of methods! I live in a place called [snipped]. Can you check to see if I'm in coverage or perhps send me a map for the area? As a side note, is there any reason why Digiweb don't publish coverage maps? Thanks.

Chaz I've been trying to work it out using Google Earth but it's not the most scientific of methods! I live in a place called Kilberry. Can you check to see if I'm in coverage or perhps send me a map for the area? As a side note, is there any reason why Digiweb don't publish coverage maps? Thanks.

Have you tried to place an order? Our sales staff will cross reference your location to our internal maps. We dont publish coverage maps - lots of reasons.

I haven't tried to place an order yet as I have two months to run on my contract with IBB and was just evaluating my options for when that finishes. Thanks for your help though.

I haven't tried to place an order yet as I have two months to run on my contract with IBB and was just evaluating my options for when that finishes. Thanks for your help though.

You dont have to place an order to find out if you are in the coverage area. Ring sales and ask - go from there.

• Advertisement

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks Chaz.

I called today and the sales agent said several people in my area had failed tests. Chaz, do Digiweb have any plans to give the Navan mast 360 degree coverage?

I called today and the sales agent said several people in my area had failed tests. Chaz, do Digiweb have any plans to give the Navan mast 360 degree coverage?

Nope, no immediate plans.

Advertisement