Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling to Rosses Point from Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Gillie wrote: »
    Yeah. That road around Lough Gill would be fairly ropey!
    I did that cycle a few years ago now. Went out on the Carraroe side to Dromahair and came the lake (Calry side) side. It was a lovely cycle, surprisingly hilly (mind I was still smoking then!). I would say you really have to have your wits about you now with the volume of cars. At least dont time it during the morning and evening chicken run around the lake. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

There you go Xiney. A friend is a member. Its for both men and women. Times are within the FAQ section, and has info on membership within as well.
    http://www.innisfreewheelers.com/Index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

tuppence wrote: »
    There you go Xiney. A friend is a member. Its for both men and women. Times are within the FAQ section, and has info on membership within as well.
    http://www.innisfreewheelers.com/Index.htm

Super cool.

I'll aim to be "good enough" by June - that'll push me to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

when I was living in Ballisodare myself the wife and the two kids used to cycle from Ballisodare to Union Wood and go trough the woods and you come out at Cooloney. Then back into Ballisodare that way. (you can cross under the dual carrageway) Was a brilliant Cycle I would recommend to anyone.
    I have one of the child seats on my bike and managed the off road stuff handy enough on a hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Xiney wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing my dear Gillie.

But this particular helmet my mother is sending me is a rather high end model that I got for cheap after an intern at a cycle shop loaned it out by mistake once with a rental bike. I paid 20 bucks for a 70 dollar helmet. I wear it with pride!

Plus postage!!!
    You'll probably get stung for import duty too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Cycling from Sligo to Rosses Point is lovely.
    Its pure flat most of the way.
    Just be careful around the sea at Cartron or you'll find yourself in it.
    Do it on a nice day and as you approach Rosses Point on your left the view out to Strandhill is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Driving from Sligo to Rosses Point is lovely.

And a lot easier. :)

Advertisement