Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballymun incident

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

After 20 odd pages of requests, I wonder what the big deal is all about?

PM please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone still got an oul linky? I haven't gotten a PM yet..... *drums fingers impatiently on desk*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Can someone explain to me how this could be funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's to do with stereotypes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

BeatNikDub wrote: »

I cant be sure that anyone finds it funny.... I think most feel it is an awful clip.. One which degrades a young girl in one of the most awful ways... weather it is consenual or not the girl was most likely intoxicated in one form or another... The lads who took part should be ashamed of themselves and realise what they done to this girl is wrong.. Full stop..

The fact that a number of other young people where present during the event is even more appauling, you would think that someone would interviene and take the girl away from the company she is in.. I would presume that there was other young women present, which shocks me further that they would allow thier friend to take part in such a thing..

I would love to say that kids will be kids, but this is taking it one step further. What could the girl possibely be trying to prove? She is lucky that the mobile phone used was not a higher quality and that the lad recording it had no interest in her face... Her integretidy would surely have sunk to rock bottom if the front page of The Sun had included a close up of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

BeatNikDub wrote: »

Not funny, more like car crash TV, you want to look away but are somehow compelled to understand... ...why?

I have to admit, it is a sad reflection on society, but probably an apt portrayal of where we are at as a society. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I found it hilarious...not as in HHAHAHAHAHA, but like ha, look at the state of them.

I have to say I didnt find one piece hilarious... Maybe its a gender thing...
    You know, fellas are ledgends for bedding women and women are sluts for bedding fellas....

So blokes will probably look at the clip and say ha ha the dirty yolk, go on the boys give her socks...

Where as the girls are saying OMG OMG OMG, what are these people doing....

flynnc8 wrote: »
    I cant be sure that anyone finds it funny.... I think most feel it is an awful clip.. One which degrades a young girl in one of the most awful ways... weather it is consenual or not the girl was most likely intoxicated in one form or another... The lads who took part should be ashamed of themselves and realise what they done to this girl is wrong.. Full stop..

I don't think it's fair to assume the lads have any more knowledge of right and wrong than the girl. Other than that, I think you are spot on.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to assume the lads have any more knowledge of right and wrong than the girl. Other than that, I think you are spot on.

Sorry I did not mean it to come across that way... obviously each played thier own part in the events..

it's the same thing from two different perspectives really, one saying "they are all equally to blame" and the other saying "they are all equally blameless" - the amount of blame remains the same :p

tbh wrote: »
    it's the same thing from two different perspectives really, one saying "they are all equally to blame" and the other saying "they are all equally blameless" - the amount of blame remains the same :p

lol.. I like how you put it.. very philosophical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

could someone pm the link to me???? I want to see what all the fuss is about,IMO I'm sure it's no different than the shennigans you would see outside a disco / niteclub / pub after closing time all around the country..

so why do you want to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

could someone pm the link to me???? I want to see what all the fuss is about,IMO I'm sure it's no different than the shennigans you would see outside a disco / niteclub / pub after closing time all around the country..

Some one send it to him, so he can get a grip!! :D of the situation!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

splinter wrote: »
    and you know this how dare i ask?

I know of the people in it....

Good Enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

flynnc8 wrote: »
    I have to say I didnt find one piece hilarious... Maybe its a gender thing...
    You know, fellas are ledgends for bedding women and women are sluts for bedding fellas....

So blokes will probably look at the clip and say ha ha the dirty yolk, go on the boys give her socks...

Where as the girls are saying OMG OMG OMG, what are these people doing....

Wrong! You're just a tight bitch :pac:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

PM it to me too please :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hey can someone pls send me the link on too...

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

HI, could some one pm the link as well want to see what all the fuss is about:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Meh, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with wanting to watch it.

I've seen a sh!tload of fecked up stuff that I heard about on boards and I honestly can't explain why i wanted to watch it.

I knew they were gonna be rank and I knew that I was letting myself in for something wrong but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

If someone told me "OMG! Look outside! 15 year olds gangbanging in the street!"
    I would still look outside.
    No, it would not give me any excitement but I'd still look outside, for reasons I cannot explain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nothing left to see here folks,move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement