Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballymun incident

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

And because a bunch of unknown Ballymun teenagers are less likely to sue the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Can't sue if you're dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well, in fairness, that is because the Ballymun teenagers haven't been identified wheras KF has.

"in fairness", what 'fairness?.

It annoys me that we still pussy foot around Miss French and her addiction to drugs and its 'fair' to make assumptions on the people of Ballymun and places like it.

Fact; I grew up in Ballymun, my family still lives there. I wouldn't know cocaine or heroine (can't even spell the damn words, lol) if they jumped up an kicked me in the ballox. And I know not one member of my family would either.

Anyway Wishbone sorry if I sound annoyed at you, I'm not. This is just an issue which really wobbles my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Mairt wrote: »

It annoys me that we still pussy foot around Miss French and her addiction to drugs and its 'fair' to make assumptions on the people of Ballymun and places like it.

Fact; I grew up in Ballymun, my family still lives there. I wouldn't know cocaine or heroine (can't even spell the damn words, lol) if they jumped up an kicked me in the ballox. And I know not one member of my family would either.

Anyway Wishbone sorry if I sound annoyed at you, I'm not. This is just an issue which really wobbles my tits.

QFT, however I now have a rather unfortunate mental image in my head and it's not of yer wan and her boyfriends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Dito... Your right Mairt, Its about time that people grew out of such stereotypes. I grew up in ballymun myself and my family are still there. It's unfair that people still receive different reactions based upon class, especially in this day an age.

However, wheter or not drugs were involved in the said inccident is irrelivant. The video is just plain crude... Yet i can't help but feel it would be taking more seriously if the young people invoved where from Dalkey, malahide, Kiliney etc.

• Advertisement

jdivision wrote: »
    Can't sue if you're dead

I'm sure her family could though.

The whole thing is such a ricidulous thing to have as major news in your paper. Teenagers in Ballymun have sex, so what teenagers everywhere have sex, so we'll throw in the word "cocaine" with the emphasis on Ballymun and try to make it into a story, no-one will ever be able to prove otherwise. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I hadn't heard about this.
    But It does sound funny as all hell, and now I'm curious..
    Anybody wanna PM me a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Is it wrong that I really, REALLY wanna see this?

PM me 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It annoys me that we still pussy foot around Miss French and her addiction to drugs and its 'fair' to make assumptions on the people of Ballymun and places like it....

......Anyway Wishbone sorry if I sound annoyed at you, I'm not. This is just an issue which really wobbles my tits.
    That it happened in Ballymun isn't really relevant. The Sun would have had greater glee if it occurred in Foxrock.

Printing an allegation against a group of teenagers is completely different from doing so against a named individual.
    I now have a rather unfortunate mental image in my head and it's not of yer wan and her boyfriends!
    +1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Clink wrote: »
    I'm sure her family could though.
    Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭magnia

haha this is hilarious, ballymuns alright i worked in the ladbrokes there a few times. the chips in the chip shop sucked though. and can someone pm me the address for this video. did they blur out the peoples faces in the picture.

seamus wrote: »
    Nope.

Shows what I know, I'm going to set up an irish style National Enquirer and all I'll do is defame dead people so, easy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Id like to see the clip also if it is being given out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm intrigued, someone PM me the link too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Has anyone got a link to the story? NOT to the video, to the story in the sun, I had a look at their website but can't seem to find anything there

Ok FOUND IT.. (the Ballymn threesome)

'Animals' is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

fs Mairt you never said that wasn't worksafe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ok FOUND IT.. (the Ballymn threesome)

'Animals' is all I can say.

fao fap fap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

orestes wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to the story? NOT to the video, to the story in the sun, I had a look at their website but can't seem to find anything there

+1 can't find the story either

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

the majority of Ballymun people are decent, honest people but there is an undercurrent of scum that tarnish the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

the majority of Ballymun people are decent, honest people but there is an undercurrent of scum that tarnish the area.

Come on now. I know your trying to be civil but its not like anyone from the bleedin' Mun is on this site.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crip17

About 70% of Dublin council estates are full of trash/scum. No wonder the the rest of Ireland hate Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

crip17 wrote: »
    About 70% of Dublin council estates are full of trash/scum. No wonder the the rest of Ireland hate Dublin

Culchies hate Dublin because the rural council estates are better?
    All I have to say is: "Limerick"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crip17

lol Thats another thing, anyone who doesn't live in Dublin is a bleeeedin culchie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Culchies hate Dublin because the rural council estates are better?
    All I have to say is: "Limerick"

not to mention a trek and a half to civilisation in rural towns :mad:

lol Thats another thing, anyone who doesn't live in Dublin is a bleeeedin culchie

And a 'bogger'

A 'Muldoon'

A 'Ditch Jumper'

A 'Muck Warrior'

To be Continued.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

About 70% of Dublin council estates are full of trash/scum.

You forgot to put FACT at the end, thereby making the claim irrefutable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I actually want to see it for my own personal satisfaction. At least I know I'm better than four people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

....anyone who doesn't live in Dublin is a bleeeedin (sic) culchie

Correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement